Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying just after sunset issue

Jim Nielsen

Join
Apr 11, 2018
Loc
Omaha, NE
I've had this happen a few times now and I wonder if it's normal...

The sun had just gone down and I wanted to take a quick video of the orange/darkening sky and surrounding area... but when I take off, the drone isn't stable...and tends to drift quite a bit.

Last night was the worst...the sun had been down about 10 min or so and it was a bit dark at the take off area. When I launched it immediately drifted backwards. Once I got it up in the sky, it was stable...but when I brought it back down to about 10-15' (darker area) it started bouncing around...sliding back and forth and sideways. This was the worst it has been, but it seems to do this in the dark. Is that normal? Has anyone else had this happen? When I take it inside the house in good lighting, I launch it and it's stable as a rock...

Yes.

When the light conditions are poor, the VPS can't see the ground well, so it may be a little funny when close to the ground.

I don't know if this will help but you could try aiming a flashlight at your take off spot. Or just lay it on the ground nearby.

Reactions: Davezilla
when the VPS is disabled at low light the spark becomes a normal GPS quad you will see it drift and go up and down alot it's normal..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov