Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flight distance and height limited

ANT0407

Join
Mar 20, 2018
Yesterday when I was flying my go4 app told me that my height was limited to 30 meters and distance to 50 meters respectively. The video feed was awful and I kept losing connection. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is anyone else having this problem? I was flying in my back yard where I have been flying for months with no issues until yesterday.

Yesterday when I was flying my go4 app told me that my height was limited to 30 meters and distance to 50 meters respectively. The video feed was awful and I kept losing connection. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is anyone else having this problem? I was flying in my back yard where I have been flying for months with no issues until yesterday.
I do not know why you did not have a good connection the height and distance limits are set within the Go 4 app I believe in the app the maxium height you can set is 500 meters and the maxium distance is 8000 meters. If you have beginers mod selected it restricts you to a very limited height and distances that you can travel.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not in beginner mode, no settings have changed in the go4 app.im in regular mode and sports mode works too. It's odd that I've flown in my back yard for months with no restrictions and now I have them. Im wondering if dji updated the geofencing in the app. I live about 4.5 miles from an airport. Im thinking that might be the issue. An update is causing it, any thoughts? Thanks

You need to sign into the go4 app. That's the most common reason if your using the RC and get that message.

I recently was filming a waterfall, from the ground up, and sparky got to about 30 ft off the ground I heard a verbal warning saying I had reached the height ceiling. I repositioned drone about 100 ft away then climbed again with no issues. Not sure why it happened either. I attribute it to aliens...lol sorry, wish o knew

I filmed a waterfall in a sort of box canyon this weekend and got exactly the same thing. I was wondering if I was seeing too few sats while I was in the box and the visibility got better when I was out of it. curious.

I filmed a waterfall in a sort of box canyon this weekend and got exactly the same thing. I was wondering if I was seeing too few sats while I was in the box and the visibility got better when I was out of it. curious.
It is so hard to see my screen in the sunlight, I couldnt tell you but I didnt change location enough the second time to warrant this situation. I think a glitch is a glitch..... or Aliens.

I just had the same exact thing happen last night, and also flying in my backyard where I always do. It was after a storm though and was very cloudy, and a bit windy...I wanted to see how she did in the wind, and it was fine, but I started getting a real grainy image and the warning saying "your limits have been set at 30 & 50 meters, respectively". I'm also 5 miles or so from an airport, but rarely fly over 100' altitude. I'm not yet using at OTG cable and am flying in 2.4g. I thought maybe the excessive winds triggered some kind of safety limits.

Oh the other weird thing that happened yesterday, was my battery percentage wasn't showing up on my screen. I restarted everything and it appeared, but then I lost it again. I attributed it all to the weather and dense clouds, but was it something else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar