Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

first mistake... newbie error

If you select the land mode from the screen, before you put your hand under it, it will begin to descend. From there you can grab in, turn sideways and turn off. If you don't it will try to avoid your hand and fly up
Thanks David! Nice tip.
Had it taking off and landing today so ... getting there!

If you select the land mode from the screen, before you put your hand under it, it will begin to descend. From there you can grab in, turn sideways and turn off. If you don't it will try to avoid your hand and fly up

I cannot agree with you. It won't try avoid your hand. It will just land on your hand smoothly and turn of all motors. There is no need to turn spark sideways or upside down.

how do you turn off downward sensors please?

Number of urban legends about spark's functions is terriyfing...

I recommend to read the manual instead of using emergency features of drone, etc. Do not be suprised of amount of 'virtual' crashes in your logs. ;)

after battling with registering I couldn't resist a first flight of my new Spark...

here's the situation:
using a phone for control
indoors, light fading,
9ft ceiling height
took off from a small, low, table
hovered around 5 ft,
took some shots of the Spark with a camera,
decided to grab hold of drone to tilt it and turn off props,
- it sensed my hand and went higher,
while I considered my options it drifted closer to the ceiling and I started to worry about it touching the ceiling and damaging itself.
I grabbed it and tilted it down to stop props
I turned off the power and reflected how badly prepared I had been for a first flight.

What could I have done to avoid any of the above and landed it safely/stopped the props?

Go easy on me I was just trying out my brand new acquisition...
Cheers for any help.
I attach a 4ft cord to it & if it gets to high just grap the cord, easier than letting it hit ceilimg

Reactions: BrianP
My Spark has (so far) behaved impeccably while indoors in ATTI Mode, but then I'm used to a previous V959 wandering around trashing the furniture.

Reactions: BrianP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none