Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fed up with updates!!!!

Squaddie093

Join
Jul 17, 2017
Loc
London
Is it me or has there been a lot of updates just recently?!?!?
I updated my Spark on Sunday so I would be ready to go and bang on Tuesday I'm out and update required before I can fly. Is this really part of my process for flying, so much for spontaniety.......
You watch the promotional videos of just getting it out of your bag and away you go in under a minute

Is it me or has there been a lot of updates just recently?!?!?
I updated my Spark on Sunday so I would be ready to go and bang on Tuesday I'm out and update required before I can fly. Is this really part of my process for flying, so much for spontaniety.......
You watch the promotional videos of just getting it out of your bag and away you go in under a minute
It's just you. :p
Firmware had to be updated for Sept 1st (although it was released in plenty of time before that)
Android Go4 so has just had a staged roll out to v4.1.8
Hardly a plethora of updates......

Most Spark firmware updates are optional. Version 1.00.0600 was the only mandatory update.

Updates are the only way to get improvements or bug removal.

While there are many, you have to keep in mind that the Spark is a brand-new platform, barely released, and they are still filtering user comments, suggestions, and experience feedback in a constant improvement loop.

I'm sure it will reach some level of stability...relatively soon.

Once the Spark matures some they will slow down. Constant improvements are being made as of now. You should be able to ignore the updates if you wish until it is more convenient for you.

You should be able to ignore the updates if you wish...

Except the ones for which your Spark will be grounded if you ignore.;):D

Except the ones for which your Spark will be grounded if you ignore.;):D
That was under special safety circumstances that they did that. I have never seen that in the 5 years I have flown DJI aircraft until the Spark. It was a known liability so while I don't like it, I can understand their insistence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh