Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Wrapgrade Skin - High Level Review

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
What can I say, this is probably one of the best skins out there if not the best skin for your drone. In comparison to all the other ones out there, this one does top the cake as it advertises itself as a skin that is painted on. What does that mean? Check out the images below and see how well it adheres itself to the spark. A lot of careful and precise cuts were made to ensure that it is pinpoint accurate when you apply it.

This probably is the only skin that actually covers your drone from top to bottom. You do have options to mix and match the colors if you like, however, in any case they will protect every inch of your spark, down to the batteries themselves.

You can't purchase this within the continental US market but you can order directly through wrapgrade themselves from Japan and will arrive within a week or two. The color and design options may not be as extensive as decalgirl or the like but for what it does, you'll be completely amazed.

In a nutshell, I would highly recommend them! Simply put. Well laid instructions, well packaged when it arrives and between a level of 1 to 10, application is about an 8. If you have done skins before, a little heat and patience can get you going relatively quickly. Take your time as with all skins but the results will prove to you how well these are made.

If you want more details questions, feel free to ask me but let the pictures speak for itself. I will be posting a youtube review of this at some point but I figured I get these images up for you all.

20180212_124534.jpg 20180212_124359.jpg 20180212_124415.jpg 20180212_124330.jpg 20180212_124341.jpg 20180212_124218.jpg 20180212_124440.jpg 20180212_124349.jpg 20180212_124212.jpg20180212_124255.jpg

Reactions: bomarc
Will the DJI pop guards fit with the "painted" wrap?

I occasionally fly with them.

If all else fails, I could use an X-acto knife and trim the skin?

Will the DJI pop guards fit with the "painted" wrap?

I occasionally fly with them.

If all else fails, I could use an X-acto knife and trim the skin?
You can def do that. I don't use the prop guards but I did try to put on the leg extensions that attaches the same way as the propeller guards. It's a tight fit but works.

It adds a layer of thickness but it's a thin layer. You can as you have stated cut the certain pieces that wraps around the propeller so you can attach it the prop guards without extra effort. It'll still look good in my opinion.

They are nice. Do these interfere with GPS? I've read in several for a that wraps are the cause of flyaways.

That is gorgeous, but how long did it take to put on?
Not long at all. Once you know how they apply they go on pretty quickly. Instructions are very clear. Using a blow dryer to heat things up helps the application as well.

They are nice. Do these interfere with GPS? I've read in several for a that wraps are the cause of flyaways.
Not sure about it interfering with GPS. I haven't had any issues. Hmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef