Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Course loch and home lock DO work on Spark in the MODded app. I have run it myself. But they do not work in the dji original app.

Well my experience was that course lock works fine, but Home lock has problems. it did not move the drone in relation to the real home point, it was almost like it used some imaginary home point about 20 meter from the real home point.

I know all that, but I also thought the whole point of enabling these flight modes for the Spark would be that they actually work on the Spark as well once enabled in the modded app. If not, what's the purpose of enabling them for the Spark?
Until a month or so, 4.1.15 was the last released version with OTG cable support.
Forced FCC, Mavic flight modes and a couple of other features was bonus.
Regarding the flight-modes... the developer could prob not enable/disable the different modes.
You got the Mavic package as is.

Enjoy what you've got and happy flying!

Until a month or so, 4.1.15 was the last released version with OTG cable support.
Forced FCC, Mavic flight modes and a couple of other features was bonus.
Regarding the flight-modes... the developer could prob not enable/disable the different modes.
You got the Mavic package as is.

Enjoy what you've got and happy flying!

As far as I know the app is exactly the same for the Mavic and the Spark. So the original developer patched the app so some of the Mavic modes are available even when the app detects a spark. Now that would make no sense unless those modes were actually working on the Spark.

Anyhow, my main reason for using a modded app is to get fcc signal strength in a ce area. But those additional flight modes are a nice added bonus, even if not all of them work.

Hi,
I tried moded 2.0 on Phantom 4 Pro with the newest original firmeare update from March-2018 and seems everything working fine.
My question is, how do I know it is in FCC mode? I see channels 13-20 (8 channels). During flight it told me there is a strong signal interference, while with the original app which I used right after, I did not had this message.
I checked IMU, did not requested calibration.
I could not test for the range since I was in a medium park. Did I fly in fcc?

Thanks.

Hi,
I tried moded 2.0 on Phantom 4 Pro with the newest original firmeare update from March-2018 and seems everything working fine.
My question is, how do I know it is in FCC mode? I see channels 13-20 (8 channels). During flight it told me there is a strong signal interference, while with the original app which I used right after, I did not had this message.
I checked IMU, did not requested calibration.
I could not test for the range since I was in a medium park. Did I fly in fcc?

Thanks.

If you see channels 1-11 in the 2.4GHz band you are in FCC mode, if you see channels 1-13 in the 2.4GHz band you are in CE mode.

In other words, channels 12 and 13 are not in use in FCC regions.

Reactions: Fiete
Took my Spark on my boat with the 2.0 mod, enabled dynamic home point and flew in active track mode with an otg cable between phone and the remote. It tracked my boat fine but my home point did NOT update so when I reach 500 meter, which I had set as the distance limit, the spark just stopped and hovered. At this point I got a battery warning and rth kicked in so the spark flew back in the opposite direction. I had deep water rigs with fishing lines at the time so I could not just turn the boat easily. Managed to cancel rth, enabled sports mode and quickly flew the spark to where my boat was and cough it in the air. The silly landing by the app is a pain in such situations, but I guess this is made for absolute beginners.

Anyhow, just a heads up in case anyone trust the dynamic home point feature. I checked my flight log and confirmed my home point never updated. I did not try the official app so not sure if this feature works in the latest app. I did not try with wifi instead of otg either.

Has anyone seen dynamic home point working with the 2.0 mod? Do take note that dynamic home point is supposed to work only in active track and gesture mode.

I also tried some of the other enabled Mavic modes earlier. Most seemed to work Ok except:

- Follow me - did nothing at all, did not work.
- Home Lock, did not work, when pulling back on the stick it returned towards a totally different point than my home point. Course lock seemed to work Ok tho.

Has anyone else tested the dynamic home point feature and the course lock and follow me modes?
You have a GPS problem. Those modes did not work that use GPS.
Homelock worked for me. I have not tried the dynamic Homepoint yet.
The follow me function also has to turn on GPS on the phone as it follows the signal.

Should have been more clear and to the point.

I was just generally speaking ;)
Pointing at the difference between the RC's of Mavic and Spark.
This MOD is based on Mavic.
Thats why some modes work and some dont.
More specifically: intelligent flight modes work with the firmware. Since Mavic and Spark firmware (and hardware) are different, therefore, not all of the Mavic made modes are working.
POI, Course lock, Home lock, Cinematic, work well ...

You have a GPS problem. Those modes did not work that use GPS.
Homelock worked for me. I have not tried the dynamic Homepoint yet.
The follow me function also has to turn on GPS on the phone as it follows the signal.

Well, my phone has GPS and it's working just fine. And my location on the map updates just fine when my phone and I moves. And I can manually set the home point to my phone location just fine. So what GPS problem do I have?

Figured out that the dynamic home point does NOT WORK by design when tracking a car or a boat, track a bicycle or a person and it works fine. Bummer, it's when tracking above water it's needed the most. I guess the software engineer or whoever designed this does motown a boat :)

More specifically: intelligent flight modes work with the firmware. Since Mavic and Spark firmware (and hardware) are different, therefore, not all of the Mavic made modes are working.

Well, there are quite a few conflicting reports of what works and not. I'll do some more careful testing. Really want follow me and home lock to work :)

Well, there are quite a few conflicting reports of what works and not. I'll do some more careful testing. Really want follow me and home lock to work :)
I do not understand this ... How do you know the application that the bike or car or boat follows?
In this mode, the remote control signal is followed:
Which vehicle, in active track mode, recognizes its shape when you select it.
Why not use this mode for tracking:

Lets talk about Follow me mode.
If using a Mavic Pro craft and RC, if you're zig-zag walking, the Mavic will also "zig-zag" behind you, right?
If you lay down the RC, but continue walking, Mavic stops as the RC isnt moving.
While the Spark will use Active Track mode, which track shortest route to the moving "object".

Hence my reference to the special Mavic modes and features regarding Mavic's RC, which Spark's RC doesnt have.

I do not understand this ... How do you know the application that the bike or car or boat follows?
In this mode, the remote control signal is followed:
Which vehicle, in active track mode, recognizes its shape when you select it.
Why not use this mode for tracking:

Well, "Follow me" does not work with the spark, even with the modded app, at least not for me.

Active track does. However, it recognizes what it's tracking and when it tracks a boat it DOES NOT by design update the home point even with dynamic home point enabled. So when you reach the distance limit set in the app the spark will just stop and hoover, and eventually fly back to the home point which is most likely in the opposite direction of where the boat currently is. You can of course cancel rth (if you have app contact) and fly and land manually in the boat, which is what I've been doing. But all this is not very practical and poses unnecessary risk of 'water contact'.

Reactions: dimi71
Just signed up to say thank you and to confirm the following on an HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.2

DJI Go 4 Mod 2.00:
works fine but offline maps don't work (I have downloaded Google Maps for my area but they never show up unless the phone is connected by OTG and online, which is never for me as I don't have a data plan, sometimes a random message comes up about being unable to access maps but I'm not overly bothered about it). Used both wifi to drone, wifi to controller and OTG to controller, all seems to work fine.

DJI Go 4 Mod Lite:
Crashes randomly so have not attempted to fly with it.

If there was one thing (other than maps working) that I could request in future versions, it's that when you open the app or plug in the OTG cable, when the phone opens the app it doesn't turn on the Wifi.

Great app, thanks.

Just signed up to say thank you and to confirm the following on an HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.2

DJI Go 4 Mod 2.00:
works fine but offline maps don't work (I have downloaded Google Maps for my area but they never show up unless the phone is connected by OTG and online, which is never for me as I don't have a data plan, sometimes a random message comes up about being unable to access maps but I'm not overly bothered about it). Used both wifi to drone, wifi to controller and OTG to controller, all seems to work fine.

DJI Go 4 Mod Lite:
Crashes randomly so have not attempted to fly with it.

If there was one thing (other than maps working) that I could request in future versions, it's that when you open the app or plug in the OTG cable, when the phone opens the app it doesn't turn on the Wifi.

Great app, thanks.
yesterday i'm also used this mod version. bt when i switch ON my mobile data, it shows signal lost(my RC and app disconnected). And the map was not working....Any solution is there??

Installed in CAT S60, software works perfectly, haven't tried flying. Downloaded it specifically for waypoints as LITCHI mailed me that the Spark SDK doesn't support waypoints so they couldn't add that feature.
My requirements is to mark my points in map and to make spark fly. Not sure any software or apk available still. Also read about RED WAY POINT apk buy yet to try

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard