Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Hey I remembered I still have a 2 year old Samsung Note that I don't use because the cell transmitter stopped working but everything else works. So I loaded the app mod onto this phone and it installed OK.
I will try linking it to the RC tomorrow.

Please just confirm that JDI will not know I'm using it if I logged on with my JDI credentials, which I did.

Thanks again.
Make sure to keep it off the net when you log in, even if you just enter "a' for username and "a" for password

previously my htc11 was so dim or dark enough and no matter how i adjust brightness it will remain same. i had went to phone shop and compare several types phone. huawei , Samsung. sony. well my htc u11 is the least brightness. very disappointed so i went to buy a ipad mini4. Today i will say im totally Surprised!! after i downloaded version 2. the brightness suddenly appear truly 100%. previously i will say is too dark to use in day. what i want to say v2 will help (some phone got issue on brightness 100%)

Reactions: dubt
previously my htc11 was so dim or dark enough and no matter how i adjust brightness it will remain same. i had went to phone shop and compare several types phone. huawei , Samsung. sony. well my htc u11 is the least brightness. very disappointed so i went to buy a ipad mini4. Today i will say im totally Surprised!! after i downloaded version 2. the brightness suddenly appear truly 100%. previously i will say is too dark to use in day. what i want to say v2 will help (some phone got issue on brightness 100%)
That's a super weird bug on the phone end of things. I'm glad the auto 100% brightness on app increase saved you some $$$! I added it in because I wanted to just tap once to start flying instead of fiddling with settings before opening the app.

Awesome story!

i find is very useful things but true enough. i had even thinking to cough few hundred dollars again for a Android hp. now i think your awesome Auto 100% brightness had save my butt from a Big damage. thank you very much. sir!

Reactions: Edikfly and dubt
Update time! This one's a doozie:

Mod Ver. 2.0 Features:
  • Rebuilt and patched from the ground up! I used a clean apk and patched with my additions
  • New Icon!
  • Red status and nav bars instead of orange
  • Replaced Google Maps for Here Maps
  • Offline Maps Fixed!
  • Tested offline and online logins. Both work, just up to you to decide if you want flight records
Mod Ver. 2.0 - Download

Please test out everything that you usually would use, as well as what device and android version you're running and report back :)
Thanks for all the hard work! I'm unable to open app after install on LG G4. I get a message saying com.android.settings has stopped.

Fwiw the play store app works fine.

So with lite version I need to uninstall the play store version of app?
Yes, I would say give it a go as it has many of the tweaks that really open up the app and expand the features of the spark. 2.0 adds on the lite version by automating many of the task pilots have to go through before opening the app. Brightness tweaking, wifi on, etc.

I'm wondering if the Android ID and serial randomizing has anything to do with your troubles in 2.0

Working great on a Samsung Note 3 with OTG cord with WiFi off and airplane mode on. I just turned on the RC, then the AC, and once they were connected I plugged in the OTC and got the Go Fly prompt.
Only thing missing was no maps.

Dave

Working great on a Samsung Note 3 with OTG cord with WiFi off and airplane mode on. I just turned on the RC, then the AC, and once they were connected I plugged in the OTC and got the Go Fly prompt.
Only thing missing was no maps.

Dave
Try lite if you would like maps

Yes, I would say give it a go as it has many of the tweaks that really open up the app and expand the features of the spark. 2.0 adds on the lite version by automating many of the task pilots have to go through before opening the app. Brightness tweaking, wifi on, etc.

I'm wondering if the Android ID and serial randomizing has anything to do with your troubles in 2.0
Not sure, but I got the Lite version to run just fine. Newbie question: does the fcc mod have any effect in the US? I'll try to fly tomorrow, but wondering if this app on conjunction with RC and OTG can go farther.

So far with regular play store app (4.1.15) and otg I've flown a distance of about 1500 feet before losing signal. Should I expect to fly further?

Not sure, but I got the Lite version to run just fine. Newbie question: does the fcc mod have any effect in the US? I'll try to fly tomorrow, but wondering if this app on conjunction with RC and OTG can go farther.

So far with regular play store app (4.1.15) and otg I've flown a distance of about 1500 feet before losing signal. Should I expect to fly further?
Probably not. With the us having access to fcc limits already there's no difference. I would say if you weren't using otg before the ability to use it negates the use of Android to controller wifi, and thus less interference for the wifi between the spark and controller.

But since you already use otg, I think it will be the same, just extra flight modes and the ability to run offline

Reactions: Edikfly
Anyone have luck with galaxy S7? I have yet to be able to download the app from the play store.
Someone has reported this mod working on an S7.

You download this app as an apk file from the first post and install outside of the Play Store.

You can't find this app on the Play Store as it's unofficial

Someone has reported this mod working on an S7.

You download this app as an apk file from the first post and install outside of the Play Store.

You can't find this app on the Play Store as it's unofficial
No I mean I can't get the official app from DJI on the play store. The S7 is no longer supported and their tech support was no help. I appreciate having this option, thank you.

Hopefully some useful information for people nervous about this app.

Thought I'd brave the cold here in Blighty (UK)! Weather conditions were not great, fairly windy, very overcast and 'spitting' on at rain, 2°C.

Tested the LTE version with my Sparkie and my Galaxy S7 (Rooted 7.1 android).

Worked without any flaws,
Maps working,
Auto home point working Precision landing working
All mavic flight modes working (Not ideal location for terrain mapping but went over a small collection of weeds)
Normal quickshot modes all working
Return to home and auto land working
OTG and WIFI working
Sport mode working

Didn't test for distance due to weather and safety reasons.

I did get a audible message saying ATTI mode when I was about 500ft away, No problem manually flying it back towards me but a little wind drift at first (already know how to fly without GPS).
I didn't look at screen whilst manually flying back to me, but when it got close enough I noticed the LEDs were green and the screen showed it had GPS signal again. I think this was more to do with the weather than the app to be honest.

Hope that helps some of you out, best advice is don't be too worried about apps, just be sensible when flying and always alert. As it's probs been said to death in the forum, get used to flying without all the GPS aids etc, then if there is an issue, you know how to get back without freaking out.

A little question for the OP ref the MOD app, Am I right in thinking it's an overlay that can run over the official GO4 app and allow FCC and mavic modes?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf