Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI 4 v4.2.12 Back on Google Play

It's possible what is happening is anyone who happened to get the original 4.2.12 update from GP continues to get updates on GP as DJI makes updates to it.

And everyone else continues to see no update out there because DJI didn't officially release the 4.2.12 update.

I gave up waiting for 4.1.12 to appear 'officially' here (Switzerland), so installed the apk from apkmirror (after uninstalling 4.8). I successfully installed it on a Huawei M5 8.4" tablet & connected via OTG and all data seems to be there. I'm charging the tablet at the moment and plan to go out in the next hour for a flight check. One confusing thing is that it still shows 5.4Gb for the non-existent WiFi connection. I also use an old OnePlus One occasionally, as it has a large screen, and I'll try to install there too
sorry never followed up...it works fine - connection (for me first the tablet then the RC), all data shown, no problems flying although I seem to have an initial connection problem away from home (also before 4.2.12), the RC connects then shows 'no signal'. I have to power off and restart the connection. I think I need to start the RC before the Spark.

Also the WiFi connection info is of course correct - that's for RC-Spark and not Tablet-RC, Duh

Haggi, You know how to install apk by apkmirror. Always stop at this screen.
When the download is in GP, the apk has 167 mb, when the download is by apkmirror it has 92 mb.
Sorry, late follow up on this. Did you sort your issue?
You need an internet connection for resource files, be sure you're not behind a company firewall.

Sorry, late follow up on this. Did you sort your issue?
You need an internet connection for resource files, be sure you're not behind a company firewall.

I am a computer professional, as far as a firewall is blocking, there is no such possibility. I have tried to download it in my residence, in my commerce and in clients that I visit. Also by 4G and other devices like Motorola Z2 Play, Motorola G5, Samsung S5 and Sony Xperia Z3. In all of them for the resource files. It has moments that goes up to 10% and sometimes stops in 5% of the download. Anyway thank you.

..... Anyway thank you.

The size : 92 Mb is normal apk size.

I do not understand why it will not install/download, maybe a corrupt download?
Do you have a file manager on your phone?
Clear similar file name? Rename new downloaded file before download start?
Be sure you don't have any anti-virus active, some will report file as positive.

This was downloaded by me 30 minutes ago, and installed successfully.

Styx-link : http://www.rjce.tech/files/DJI GO 4_dji.go.v4.apk

Last edited:
The size : 92 Mb is normal apk size.

I do not understand why it will not install/download, maybe a corrupt download?
Do you have a file manager on your phone?
Clear similar file name? Rename new downloaded file before download start?
Be sure you don't have any anti-virus active, some will report file as positive.

This was downloaded by me 30 minutes ago, and installed successfully.

Styx-link : http://www.rjce.tech/files/DJI GO 4_dji.go.v4.apk

Yes I have file manager (ES File Explorer) I thought about uninstalling all the DJI folders that I find on the phone. It's the only thing I did not do. I have already cleared the cache and uninstalled the previous one, and I have also been afraid to install the APK without uninstalling the old one. It does not work anyway. See that in the APK Pure app all versions have around 160mb, I can download and install any one that works OK. Photo attached.

Attachments

• APK Pure.png
    APK Pure.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 39
Received it a few hours ago from the Play Store the first time. I had a Version installed from APK mirror but went back to the the 4.2.8

Now I got it officially on both phone. I'm on Bali but have an UK account. Screenshot_20180424-230303.jpg

Reactions: Haggi
US Play store is now showing 4.2.12
It was a 19mb update from previously linked version.
FYI

US Play store is now showing 4.2.12
It was a 19mb update from previously linked version.
FYI
Yeah, I have noticed that if you had it installed the subsequent updates have been smaller. The entire apk is 96MB now, but the updates are between 12 - 20MB once it has been installed.

Reactions: Emmanuel
Just downloaded the update (US) Version 4.2.12 build 574. It appears to work as advertised on a Moto G5 Plus. WiFi bars appear in app. Distance will show "N/A" until Sparky gets a GPS lock. WiFi frequency is displayed next to WiFi icon. Video feed was clean , no pixelation (using app on phone) with rapid camera movements and WiFi connection versus OTG.

Read reports of Mavic Air being the first selection when the app starts. If you ignore this and connect, the app automatically changes the selection to Spark. In my case I reboot the phone (I always do this before first flight as a precaution), started the RC, once the red light was steady I attached the OTG cable from the phone to the RC, the app automatically starts and connects to the RC, the app screen shows Mavic Air, boot up Spark, when Spark connects to RC the screen changes from Mavic Air to Spark, Go Fly is displayed, and now I'm ready to fly.

Read reports of Mavic Air being the first selection when the app starts. If you ignore this and connect, the app automatically changes the selection to Spark. In my case I reboot the phone (I always do this before first flight as a precaution), started the RC, once the red light was steady I attached the OTG cable from the phone to the RC, the app automatically starts and connects to the RC, the app screen shows Mavic Air, boot up Spark, when Spark connects to RC the screen changes from Mavic Air to Spark, Go Fly is displayed, and now I'm ready to fly.

That is good news because that always has annoyed me. I have never tried just connecting anyway, but still ... it should remember the last device you connected to.

As for version, looks like v577 is out now so ... lol ... time to update again. [emoji19]

That is good news because that always has annoyed me. I have never tried just connecting anyway, but still ... it should remember the last device you connected to.

As for version, looks like v577 is out now so ... lol ... time to update again. [emoji19]
Where can I find this build-version-number please?

Where can I find this build-version-number please?
Open the DJI Go 4 app, tap on the "Me" icon/option and then the upper right there is a gear icon. Click that and then look at the bottom of your screen at the version number and build number.

Open the DJI Go 4 app, tap on the "Me" icon/option and then the upper right there is a gear icon. Click that and then look at the bottom of your screen at the version number and build number.
Thank you very much!
Never been there, some usefull functions as well, especially clearing cache.

This is my 4th update of version 4.2.12 !
(Netherlands)

Last edited:
Reactions: StyxPhoenix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast