Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI 4 v4.2.12 Back on Google Play

StyxPhoenix

Join
Jan 28, 2018
I just saw that the DJI 4.2.12 version is now back on the Play Store, at least for here in the US market. And it does show as an update available to those who already have the previously released 4.2.12 app installed because mine shows I have an update available.

I know this has been a huge part of a couple of the other topics, so I figured I would post a new one since it looks like the "official" release is back out there. :cool:

Relax ppl, sideloading or not.

ANY UPDATE - DJI GO 4 _ 4.2.12 - Android - 19th April 2018

Most important, when you say there is an update, please also say region.
Pretty sure I did say at least in the US market. I know not everyone has gotten it from the other thread where we have been talking about it. Another poster and I both also posted the APK for those who wanted to try it out.

I posted it here as a new thread because up until yesterday DJI had pulled the update that some of us had been lucky enough to install. I was only trying to say it looked like the update was out there to stay and that others should be getting it soon.

Pretty sure I did say at least in the US market. I know not everyone has gotten it from the other thread where we have been talking about it. Another poster and I both also posted the APK for those who wanted to try it out.

I posted it here as a new thread because up until yesterday DJI had pulled the update that some of us had been lucky enough to install. I was only trying to say it looked like the update was out there to stay and that others should be getting it soon.

Good info Styx, thanks.

The 4.2.12 update is still not on GP here in the UK, is there a chance that you could extract and post the apk for the newest releases of 4.2.12 to replace the original one that was pulled?

Good info Styx, thanks.

The 4.2.12 update is still not on GP here in the UK, is there a chance that you could extract and post the apk for the newest releases of 4.2.12 to replace the original one that was pulled?

I updated the original download link I posted with the version released yesterday.

http://www.rjce.tech/files/DJI GO 4_dji.go.v4.apk DJI Go 4 v.4.2.12 From Google Play

Where do we find the release version number for 4.2.12, is it in the app somewhere, so that we can compare with what we already have and what eventually arrives on the Play Store?

Where do we find the release version number for 4.2.12, is it in the app somewhere, so that we can compare with what we already have and what eventually arrives on the Play Store?
Open app... Tap "Me"...Tap cog/gear up right

So far I have not noticed a build number change next to the version number on that screen Haggi referenced. That's not to say there isn't one, but it looked like the same number to me from memory.

When it becomes available in your region in GP,though, I would recommend installing that just in case there are any slight differences in region files.

I put v562 on my Nexus 5, replacing v557 after clearing 4.2.12 cache and storage, then force stop and uninstall.

v562 is not showing WiFi graph bars on the N5, whereas I'm sure that 557 was.

I just checked on my Nexus 7, which still has v557 installed, no graph bars there either. (I don't think that I checked the N7 yesterday after installing 4.2.12_557, it just worked on the 2.4GHz channel that I already set on the Spark using the N5 which also had v557)

I'm doing some experiments, like reboots, to see whether the WiFi graph bars are intermittent or not.
If I can't get them to appear, I'll re-install 4.2.12_557 on the N5 and see whether they're there.

Sorry for the complicated post fellas.

Screenshot from Nexus 5 with latest 4.2.12_562 installed - no WiFi graph bars (note that I'm on CH11 as shown on the channel index:

Screenshot_20180420-113110.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme