Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Did you buy DJI care refresh?

Deacon Strange

Join
Jul 15, 2017
When buying my drone I looked at it, but ended up not getting it as I figured it was more likely to crash and lose my drone than crash it where I could find it....

I tend to do a lot of flying over water, specifically the sea as I live on the coast and love going for shots out over the cliffs.

View media item 31
Silly I know but I understand that if you cannot send the drone in, DJI care refresh can't do anything for you.

Now I've been flying for 6 weeks and keep hearing the flyaway stories, which do worry me, though so far *knock on wood* I've had no issues.

That said, I was pointed to a company that will insure your drone incase it is lost, stolen or damaged and will pay to replace it or repair it. Sounds like a good deal to me for only £7.99 a month.

They are called back me up:
Flexible monthly insurance for £7.99 | Back Me Up

Has anyone else had any dealing with them? Checked out the reviews online and they seem legit. So I've signed up with them anyway, can't hurt.

Got a £5 discount on the first month's premium too with the code SARGEANT075

This wasn't meant to sound like an ad btw.. I have no affiliation with the company besides having taken out a policy.

This insurance seems to be for UK resident only.
If you loss it, you need to report the loss to Police, so fly at reasonable location :)

When buying my drone I looked at it, but ended up not getting it as I figured it was more likely to crash and lose my drone than crash it where I could find it....

I tend to do a lot of flying over water, specifically the sea as I live on the coast and love going for shots out over the cliffs.

View media item 31
Silly I know but I understand that if you cannot send the drone in, DJI care refresh can't do anything for you.

Now I've been flying for 6 weeks and keep hearing the flyaway stories, which do worry me, though so far *knock on wood* I've had no issues.

That said, I was pointed to a company that will insure your drone incase it is lost, stolen or damaged and will pay to replace it or repair it. Sounds like a good deal to me for only £7.99 a month.

They are called back me up:
Flexible monthly insurance for £7.99 | Back Me Up

Has anyone else had any dealing with them? Checked out the reviews online and they seem legit. So I've signed up with them anyway, can't hurt.

Got a £5 discount on the first month's premium too with the code SARGEANT075

This wasn't meant to sound like an ad btw.. I have no affiliation with the company besides having taken out a policy.
How is the policy so far? Can you cancel after a month or so?

I've tried finding insurance (also in the U.K.), and this is the first company I've seen offering it. I took out care refresh - which seems like a good deal really. I feel safer going with DJI for some reason.

Where's the photo from? Thought it was Robin Hoods Bay at first, but it's too flat.

I got the full refresh package from DJI. Feel more comfortable flying with it than without it. Have heard of cheaper insurance companies but cheaper isn't always good. As for recovering I have been asked the question about losing it in the ocean and how would I recover it.... would ask a local scuba group going out and give them a location with $50. Would be a fun challenge for them too!

Sent from my SM-G955F using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502