Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crashing My Drone

Damien88

Join
Jan 22, 2018
hey guys!

So I recently have crashed my drone for the first time and I see lots of damage...

Do you have any suggestions for repairs??

I think one of the probs was chipped a bit on the side and then it drifted full speed into my house.

No wind was happening.

Also, how much would it be and what would be the cheapest and best option. Thanks
Gyazo - df4e0eabfc0986fba37b924be66e9d55.jpg

Gyazo - 82e69ce08807157b6c1b99a30aa2c969.jpg

Something chipped off the gimbal and one arm of the drone has also come off (still attached by wires)

I don’t have DJI care but I have the one year warrenty.

Thanks again!

Not sure how much a repair will be, but your warranty will NOT cover it.

I understand that, but if I send it in to DJI for the Anatolian would they cover the prices since it was drifting on its own?
You would have to send DJI the flight log(s) for them to analyse

I understand that, but if I send it in to DJI for the Anatolian would they cover the prices since it was drifting on its own?
Depends on if it was really a product defect that caused this or not.

Mostly it's pilot's error though.
Post your flight log here so people in the know can take a look at it.

Do I have to send the drone too? Just the flight logs from the phoen that was used.
First you would send the the flight logs from the Spark, then they (DJI) will decide the next steps.

First you would send the the flight logs from the Spark, then they (DJI) will decide the next steps.
How do I start this process? I sent the logs uploaded into phantom logs above if you can see anything from this. Can you send me a link to contact them in this case.

How do I start this process? I sent the logs uploaded into phantom logs above if you can see anything from this. Can you send me a link to contact them in this case.
Here's the link to DJI Support. Also looks like you were flying surrounded by some large trees.

DJI Support - Here for You

Reactions: Damien88
Yes! I like to fly under the trees and when I’d like to go up, we have a spot that’s clear and we shot it up about 30-50 meters then go forward or back.
Probably not the most ideal areas to fly in.

Probably not the most ideal areas to fly in.
That’s true but I’ve flew there so many times before and never had the spark just take off. I had no hands on the controller and it just went like full speed into the house. I was panicking and freaking out during this and wasn’t recording since Sd was full.

Yes! I like to fly under the trees and when I’d like to go up, we have a spot that’s clear and we shot it up about 30-50 meters then go forward or back.
Not that smart to go flying under large trees.

What do you mean with "I think one of the probs was chipped a bit on the side and then it drifted full speed into my house."

So you launched with a chipped propeller or did you hit something that chipped a prop?

What do you mean with "I think one of the probs was chipped a bit on the side and then it drifted full speed into my house."

So you launched with a chipped propeller?
Try opening a support ticket with DJI and keep your fingers crossed.

So you launched with a chipped propeller or did you hit something that chipped a prop?
Theres no other reason for it to go full speed into my house. I'm thinking of reasons that could've caused it. I know I didn't control it to do so.

Theres no other reason for it to go full speed into my house. I'm thinking of reasons that could've caused it. I know I didn't control it to do so.
Another reason would be the large tree you were flying under ---> poor GPS accuracy.

Contact DJI Support, maybe they can figure out what caused this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio