Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crap

It doesn't seem you are looking for a solution. So what's the point of posting here? There is the official DJI forum for your grievances.
I’d like to share my story re my (then) new Spark in support of looking for solutions before ranting and giving up:

I bought a new Fly More combo on Amazon Canada in March 2019. When it arrived, I was obviously excited to get it set up and flying. Imagine my profound pissed-offness when it kept failing the initial IMU calibration step. Every single time.
I couldn’t believe I was going to have to ship it back.
So I did some Googling and discovered that I was not alone; I found a guy on YouTube who’d encountered IMU calibration failures after a minor crash. He learned, from using the DJI Assistant software, which axis of the IMU was failing. So on a long shot, he tapped the side (or end, can’t remember) of his Spark briskly a few times, and lo and behold, that axis was now working!
So I the same thing; downloaded the Assistant, put it in debug mode, watched the XYZ axis’ as I rotated the little bird in various ways, and sure enough, one of mine was stuck as well. It was a different axis than his, but I figured out which side to tap, based on where he had to tap to fix his issue.

I have loved flying my Spark ever since then, and forget about the original hassle I experienced until threads such as this one.

I was having connection problems between my iphone and controlller a few months back using an OTG cable. Turns out that lint was building up in the phone’s charging port from carrying in my pocket all day. I used a flat toothpick to dig out a big piece of lint out of the port, and not a problem since then. I was also getting the QR code constantly, and that went away too.

I was having connection problems between my iphone and controlller a few months back using an OTG cable. Turns out that lint was building up in the phone’s charging port from carrying in my pocket all day. I used a flat toothpick to dig out a big piece of lint out of the port, and not a problem since then. I was also getting the QR code constantly, and that went away too.

Edit: to sure why this post shows up twice.

Reactions: RotorWash

Edit: to sure why this post shows up twice.
Spark Pilot: "My connection is flakey" - DJI Tech: "Have you check for lint?" :D

Good tip! It's those little things that can drive a person crazy. :)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502