Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crap

harleymhs

Join
May 30, 2017
This Spark is such a piece of crap! Went out this AM to fly and would'nt connect to camera. Tried with a wire and wi fi nothing! Now its asking me to register again or connect with a phone or controller scan QR code AGAIN and still nothing ! What a piece of garbage! Had a feeling it was going to loose GPS today and fly away ... Guess its better off that it didn't connect. Now I can put it on EBAY today... Bye Bye SPARK CRAP! Good Riddens!

Other peoples mileage may vary...sorry you have had a bad experience. Perhaps you can log a claim with DJI and have them replace it.

Reactions: 1Joey23
So what's a box of crap worth to you?

Post an ad here in the Classified section of the Forum.

Pilots are always looking for spare parts.

One of the things I love about the internet is that when you have a problem with something (a drone, a computer, a car, whatever) you can be assured that somebody, somewhere has probably had the same problem and may have a solution. That premise has helped me learn and fix things that would have been near impossible otherwise.

That being said, the sheer number of Spark users at your disposal virtually ensures that you can find the solution to your problem. It may end up with having to send the drone back to DJI if there's something seriously wrong, but most of the time the kind of issues you're having can be corrected. Give a good, accurate description of the problem in a post and the knowledgeable folks here can guide you to the answer. It can be frustrating and too often, DJI's list of most common issues may not be your exact problem, but give it a try. You may be amazed at how good this little drone can be once your problems are ironed out. Btw, a search of these forums will show the QR code thing has never worked from the beginning, but there's another way to register and the answer is a few keystrokes away. Good luck!

One of the things I love about the internet is that when you have a problem with something (a drone, a computer, a car, whatever) you can be assured that somebody, somewhere has probably had the same problem and may have a solution. That premise has helped me learn and fix things that would have been near impossible otherwise.

That being said, the sheer number of Spark users at your disposal virtually ensures that you can find the solution to your problem. It may end up with having to send the drone back to DJI if there's something seriously wrong, but most of the time the kind of issues you're having can be corrected. Give a good, accurate description of the problem in a post and the knowledgeable folks here can guide you to the answer. It can be frustrating and too often, DJI's list of most common issues may not be your exact problem, but give it a try. You may be amazed at how good this little drone can be once your problems are ironed out. Btw, a search of these forums will show the QR code thing has never worked from the beginning, but there's another way to register and the answer is a few keystrokes away. Good luck!

I am a long time drone pilot . I know for a fact the QR code doesn't work to activate.. But it kept asking me to scan the QR code... that was one of the things that got me pissed. After flying it on a trip to FL with NO issues then starting it up yesterday for another flight and all this happened.. That's what got me upset.. then my wife took it home and she played around with it for an hour and finally got it to link back up to the camera! She has no idea what she she did ... LOL A product like this from DJI shouldn't be so finicky! When it does work its FUN and cool until it looses its GPS signal and goes into ATTI mode and flies away! So I dont think you can "IRON OUT" the problems I think the SPARK is PROBLEMATIC ! PERIOD .. Sorry about the START of the thread I was ranting with anger..

then my wife took it home and she played around with it for an hour and finally got it to link back up to the camera! She has no idea what she she did ... LOL

My wife is my IT person at times, especially with passwords. :)

Glad to hear you got the problem solved.

There also was no mention of how long you have had the Spark and how much effort you put into learning how it works. There is so much information on proper procedures in this forum and on YouTube that unless your Spark is indeed defective, then it is just a matter of product education and of course, patience.

Forums are good if not great therapy... we all need to vent now and then... glad calm was returned. I've never had any issues except the QR code thing, and I quickly learned the workaround thanks to the interweb!

That QR seems like a good idea but it doesn't work. Causes a lot of frustration...a whole lot!

Reactions: harleymhs
This Spark is such a piece of crap! Went out this AM to fly and would'nt connect to camera. Tried with a wire and wi fi nothing! Now its asking me to register again or connect with a phone or controller scan QR code AGAIN and still nothing ! What a piece of garbage! Had a feeling it was going to loose GPS today and fly away ... Guess its better off that it didn't connect. Now I can put it on EBAY today... Bye Bye SPARK CRAP! Good Riddens!
My spark has performed admirably. I love my little spark, if yours is giving you such a hard time.. maybe it was made on a Monday. Or maybe it was a Friday drone. Anything made on those two days are the chance of having problems increases as people are not at there best those days.lol

Anyhow dont give up that easy. DJI will give you another drone. If that one sucks too. Well then e-bay it up

I am a long time drone pilot . I know for a fact the QR code doesn't work to activate.. But it kept asking me to scan the QR code... that was one of the things that got me pissed. After flying it on a trip to FL with NO issues then starting it up yesterday for another flight and all this happened.. That's what got me upset.. then my wife took it home and she played around with it for an hour and finally got it to link back up to the camera! She has no idea what she she did ... LOL A product like this from DJI shouldn't be so finicky! When it does work its FUN and cool until it looses its GPS signal and goes into ATTI mode and flies away! So I dont think you can "IRON OUT" the problems I think the SPARK is PROBLEMATIC ! PERIOD .. Sorry about the START of the thread I was ranting with anger..

Moral of the story:
When you are very angry (or very happy), do not take any important decision in life (selling your Spark for example). :p

Quite a rant for a grown adult. Thought I was reading something from a younger person, like teenager age. Glad you did get it figured out. Had issues with my first Spark, DJI replaced it and many many perfect flights since

Great answer, well done.

I too experience some glitches with the Spark, just something some of us have to work around. I've only flew mine about 20 times. It's been sitting for about a month, just yesterday I plugged the charger in to ensure a full battery, and no lights whatsoever. I tried a different charger, same thing. After about 5 minutes of fiddling with it, the charging lights came on. I then took it out to fly and even though the RC light was green (still paired), and using the same phone as always, it decided it wanted to register and link with the drone again. I ignored it, backed out of the app, then re-opened and it connected as usual. Very strange behaviour, and enraging at times, especially when you spend a good amount of time preparing and traveling to a location just to have problems, but it could be worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502