Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Controller "Speed" settings?

Ron_Dog

Join
Mar 23, 2018
Loc
Illinois
If you use the slider in the controller settings,on the Spark controller, will it act like exponential to smooth out the stick movements around center stick,or does it just limit the over all reaction, and speed of the Spark?

If you use the slider in the controller settings,on the Spark controller, will it act like exponential to smooth out the stick movements around center stick,or does it just limit the over all reaction, and speed of the Spark?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

My experience with it is that it slows the overall speed, and the ramp up to that speed. So, with obstacle avoidance enabled top speed becomes 3+mph, with Obs Avoid off, top speed becomes 6.5 mph, and sport mode top speed becomes 15 mph.
I don't think it affects tripod mode, which is a shame because that would drop speed to 1.1mph, which is the speed used by DJI with other drone intelligent flight mode point of interest; essentially the same as circle.
The yaw is improved somewhat, but not sure it's worth the greatly reduced speed.
Of course you don't have to take the slider all the way down to slow, so the the top speed reduction could be reduced by less than half.
It has value, but to me the continuing problem with the spark is yaw jitters, and speed if the flight elevation is too high. i.e. more than 100 feet of elevation, and Spark at 13.X mph is too slow for video - IMHO

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Ron_Dog. From what I've read and understood, yes, the speed setting affects the controller inputs similar to expo. It has nothing to do with the actual drone speed.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Do you see where it says Max Flight Speed Settings? View attachment 4307

To be honest, I've never noticed that...probably because the system defaults to Mode 2 and that's what I use, so no reason to access that screen.

I just wish DJI had put the Exponential adjustments in the RC like the Mavic Pro.:( Expo gives you smooth flight control, without any loss in overall speed or performance!;) I guess it cost too much to include it on the Spark?o_O

To be honest, I've never noticed that...probably because the system defaults to Mode 2 and that's what I use, so no reason to access that screen.
It's on Mode 2 also! I just didn't have the iPhone connected to the spark, and without a connection you will see Mode 1. I don't think I could fly in Mode 1 after using Mode 2 for over 40 years! LOL!

Hello pilots. Could anyone explain to me how to set the max flight speed, if the slider has disapear. I just see only a dot. Thanks a lot

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 40

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougc