Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connecting RC to spark

I've been curious of that myself. Not sure on the answer but I've been told by DJI in Bangkok that I should use the OTG cable.

BUT! I will tell you that I was flying the other day using the OTG cable and my aircraft somehow got disconnected at a thousand feet and began it's RTH function. Fortunately the function worked great and the drone came home, unfortunately for me I was in a long tail boat shooting over water and had to make a water landing save by catching it while I was swimming. I'm not sure if there was a bad connection between the OTG cable and my phone or what but I don't think I'll be using the cable anymore after that incident.
The latest firmware has a return to pilot option. It uses your phones GPS to come to you and not it's launch point.

I fail to see how WiFi com between the phone and the transmitter can affect the connection to the drone.
Drone to the phone only is another mater.
There are a few YouTube reviews on this subject and those I have seen confirm my prediction.
As I said in an earlier thread, check the SD card for formatting issues as this can affect the Spark. If it can't record a log it has a problem that effects the firmware operation. You can try this yourself. If you remove the card or reformat the card, the problem goes way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis