Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Code d

drews drone

Join
Nov 12, 2017
I went to fly my spark today and a code d came up saying I was in a restricted area how do I find out the rules about flying in this area

Reactions: Rob1arri
The app AirMap will give good indication of where you can fly in the US based on a selectable rule set of 336 (for fun) or 107 (licensed).

Last edited:
Ok to fly machines under 7kg in Cat D airspace. Download the NATS app it will show you all the areas and categories

Sorry yes class D and it was in England

Short answer - you’re fine, just follow the drone code. If you start flying anything above 7kg, you’ll need to notify the CAA.

For info;
Taken from the CAA website -

CAP 722 UAV operations UK
1.36 Under ANO 2009 Article 166, operators of SUA with a mass of 7 kg or less are not required to gain an NSF approval from Air Traffic Control (ATC) to operate within Class A, C, D or E airspace or within an active ATZ. However ANO Article 166 states that a person in charge of a SUA ‘may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made’ and that they ‘must maintain direct, unaided visual contact with the aircraft … for the purpose of avoiding collisions’.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef