Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cant agree to safety warning during flight on FPV help!

R-Bar Drone

Join
Nov 29, 2017
Hi everyone...

Total newb, but have a question that is easily answered (I hope) I did a ton of research and just cant find the answer. Flying a spark, with remote and an iPhone 6s that is connected via Wifi (cables are on order). Anyways, I get this safety warning pop up and everything I have read on it, is that I'm to check the boxes, then click ok. Seems simple enough, however, when I goto click on that area, there's a blue hyperlink that takes me to the privacy notice. There's no where to agree to the privacy notice, so I just have to X out, it takes me back to the flight screen and gives me the safety warning that blocks the FPV view, but the blue hyperlink is back on top of the safety notice. almost like a window on top of a window, so I cant access the safety warning below. Any ideas? I flew today for the first time with the remote and had a blast, even though the FPV screen was completely blocked by this garbage. Hopefully it's something simple, but I've spent all day unboxing, charging, firmware updates and tutorials and I'm exhausted. Someone please help, there's a screen shot attached. Thanks!Safety.PNG

Hi everyone...

Total newb, but have a question that is easily answered (I hope) I did a ton of research and just cant find the answer. Flying a spark, with remote and an iPhone 6s that is connected via Wifi (cables are on order). Anyways, I get this safety warning pop up and everything I have read on it, is that I'm to check the boxes, then click ok. Seems simple enough, however, when I goto click on that area, there's a blue hyperlink that takes me to the privacy notice. There's no where to agree to the privacy notice, so I just have to X out, it takes me back to the flight screen and gives me the safety warning that blocks the FPV view, but the blue hyperlink is back on top of the safety notice. almost like a window on top of a window, so I cant access the safety warning below. Any ideas? I flew today for the first time with the remote and had a blast, even though the FPV screen was completely blocked by this garbage. Hopefully it's something simple, but I've spent all day unboxing, charging, firmware updates and tutorials and I'm exhausted. Someone please help, there's a screen shot attached. Thanks!View attachment 2084

Touch the small blue circle, then YES.

Hi Guys..

Thanks for the replies. I consider myself pretty tech savvy, yet a newb to drones. This issue seems soo silly and SHOULD be easy to remedy. I see the blue circle (have watched many tutorials) but the problem is that the blue hyperlink to the privacy policy is on TOP of that (with the blue circle "underneath"). So that everytime I go to press the blue circle, it automatically engages the privacy policy link on top (with no way to access the safety warning underneath). When I scroll through the privacy policy that pops up, you would think there would be a way to agree to it, so that it goes away, but there's not. Only options is a back arrow in the top left and an X in the top right. Either option takes me back to the FPV screen and the blue hyperlink is once again on top of the safety warning and can't access the blue box to check (and the "yes" button is greyed out). If you take a look at the first screen shot you can see the faint blue hyperlink right where the blue circle is. This is what comes up evertyime I go to press the blue circle (screenshot below). Since I'm using an IPhone 6s and not a bigger screen like iPhone 6s plus, could this be the issue? Oh and btw, already uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4 after the first posters advice and same problem. Oh last and certainly not least, I already requested the area be "unlocked" on the DJI website last night, which said it was successful.

Any ideas? Certainly I'm not the only one who has experienced this? I'm running the latest IOS software of 11.1.2 if that makes any difference.

Thanks again guys, I'm SUPER frustratedsafety 2.PNG

Ya know, I didn't think I did (not a big tablet user) but I just remembered I purchased a cheaper tablet for some neighborhood kids for xmas that's sitting in my office :). Certainly wouldn't be any harm in my charging it up for them and using it to get outta the mess I'm in then boxing it back up, right? lol

Here's another question though, everything I've read about flying with android tablets is that they are unreliable and the app crashes all the time. #2, If I use the tablet to agree to the safety warning, since its a bigger screen, will the warning come up everytime I go to fly? This is in my backyard, so would suck to have to go through this everytime.

Thanks for the ideas

Ok, Just an update. I started thinking about the smaller screen on my iPhone 6s and Zoran suggesting using a tablet. So, I remembered about my crappy eyesight and the fact that when I set up my IPhone, I set it to zoomed mode in the settings. I went into settings, changed it back to normal from zoom and viola, worked like a charm! I guess having the screen zoomed made the two overlap, which in turn, wouldn't let me access the circle to check, which kept the yes button greyed out (since the app is trying to cram it all into the little space). Anyways, thanks for the suggestions and ran through two batteries as soon as I got it functioning properly. It's WAAAAAY better to actually see where you are going on FPV...lol

Thanks again and if anyone brings up that problem again, now we know why..

Great to hear you have sorted it out, I love using my 9.7 inch iPad for my Spark, the screen size is just right for me...I went from a 5.2 inch phone to the iPad and it was like a Hallelujah moment..

Regarding Android v IOS for the Spark, i Have the latest Google Pixel phone and the app did crash...with my iPad it had not crashed once...

App works perfectly on my S8. Zero crashes. I have been for months without a problem.
Only issue was the app signed me up for Care Refresh in the wrong country.

When I’m flying close and not using the controller, I use my big iPad Pro.. 62 years old and eyes not as good as... well u know. The iPad Pro is like holding a flat screen tv. I love it.

The iPad Pro is like holding a flat screen tv. I love it

I remember an April Fools advertisement for the "iSlab".

It was an Apple TV with a neck harness.:p

Thanks for all the input and help guys...Having a blast with my Spark and have plans to pick up an S8 or Ipad in the near future!

Reactions: Tsurf80
Hi R-Bar Drone. Good post and good fix Thanks for sharing. I gave up on flying with android (4.4 and 5.1) Picked up the ipad mini 4 wifi only on sale and no more problems not even with GPS even though the tablet is the wifi only version.

Reactions: Zoran
Thanks for all the input and help guys...Having a blast with my Spark and have plans to pick up an S8 or Ipad in the near future!
If it is an option for you, go with the iPad to fly your spark, speaking from experience...I come from an Android phone and tablet and changed to an iPad, flying Sparkie is much better with the iPad...

Because of this post, I decided to check how the DJI GO 4 app worked on and old Nexus. The result was Nexus didn't cope very well. The image was almost useless and delay was crazy slow.
I think this app has so many overheads you require a really powerful tablet or phone to get a good result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502