Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

buying a used spark

EMANUEL S VACCARO

Join
Jul 15, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
this week i am buying a spark , used two times , i know this to be true because the owner is a member of my RC club and has no reason to b s me . is there any thing i have to do to register the spark with DJI , or just down load the app , i also have a FAA number and i belong to the AMA also .
thank you

Just log into the DJI Go 4 app with your DJI account and put your FAA registration number on it and you will be good to go.

I was about to say if you didn't want to be traceable (maybe you are flying out of line of sight) then use the DJIGo4 Mod app from the forum here and avoid the whole 'register with DJI and sell your soul to the devil' scenario completely, but then I realised you guys have to put your FAA registration number on your crafts so it's a moot point.

But that's what I did, my Spark came already activated from an DJI authorised reseller as a refurbished unit (so basically second hand, activated by the original owner presumably and registered in their name with DJI) so I don't even have an account with DJI and block all communication to them as their app scrapes up so much info about you they might as well call themselves BBD (Big Brother Drones) but I am not in the USA so our regulations are more relaxed over craft identifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard