Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

birds!

There's a guy over on the Mavic forum that posted pics of his AC that had scratches on it from a bird attack.

I've not experienced this first hand. I've had hawks fly towards my drones and circle high above them before I brought my drone back to me. I have seen videos of Snow Geese hitting drones (accidentally). I've seen many videos of Seagulls intentionally going after drones too...

If you can find highly reflective tape or vinyl material to attach to various places on your drone, but have it not interfere with your RF or GPS signals, this should be enough to help deter the birds.

You will often notice these or something very similar on the roofs of your local Wal-Mart.
Scare Away Bird Reflector | Nixalite

I work in the professional wildlife industry, I can tell you the "eyes" and refective tape do not work. Birds can see into the ultraviolet spectrum and we have found that Green lazers work best at keeping migratory and preditory birds away from structurs and such. So how do we attach a 360 green Lazer to the spark is the better question [emoji16]

I work in the professional wildlife industry, I can tell you the "eyes" and refective tape do not work. Birds can see into the ultraviolet spectrum and we have found that Green lazers work best at keeping migratory and preditory birds away from structurs and such. So how do we attach a 360 green Lazer to the spark is the better question [emoji16]

Awesome and thanks for chiming in! The reflective material is only what I have heard and seen other drone pilots use near the coast. I have also heard the reflective material does not work on objects that stay stationary, however its been claimed to work on a moving objects such as a drone or ballon. From what I understand Wal-Mart is using them, because its non invasive, and will not harm the birds or cause any harm to possibly any other animals in the environment.

As for a 360 green laser , could you recommend a specific device that could be purchased and used commercially? Not for a drone but for outdoor commercial use. Does the laser in any way harm or effect the birds eyesight? I work with an organization that rehabs injured birds, if in anyway we use such a device that could potentially harm the birds in any way, It would not look very good on us.

I had a hawk bear down on my spark yesterday. Right when I thought it was going to try to snatch it, it climbed above it, maybe the noise or the spinning props deterred it.

Last year I was in Puerto Rico and had some birds swarm around a P3S I was flying. Both times no damage

Reactions: twidmer
Bird barrier they sell high-quality high power Green Lasers
I know they work because I use them daily to remove geese from airports. I have not seen any permanent damage done to any Wildlife but I don't sit there and Shine the laser in its eyes we try and strike the bird with the Lazer from at least a hundred yards away

Last edited:
Any Lazer will hurt if pointed in any live beings eyes lol.. look up a company called
lol, well that's kind of what I was afraid of! I guess we will keep on using the horribly bulky and loud scare cannons!

Thanks for pointing me to Bird-X, they have some very interesting products I may try out!

Last edited:
Rumour has it that DJI didn't actually design the Spark, they just sent a Mavic up during seagull mating season

LOL, well that definitely would explain the Sparks often erratic flight and wanting to often land in the water!

Reactions: twidmer and RENOV8R
I fly with the prop guards on in hopes they work slightly against a bird attack?

One nick of the prop(s) and things could get interesting :eek:.

LOL, well that definitely would explain the Sparks often erratic flight and wanting to often land in the water!
It would also explain the fact that when I hit the RTH button, it heads straight to the nearest McDonalds

Now the laser would look neat through night vision goggles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast