Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best software?

Yeah... Wondershare Filmora very easy to use and lots of how to videos on YouTube

I agree with this. :) I've been using Filmora for a while. It's paid but a one-time purchase sure beats adobe's subscription! PLUS, it's really easy to use and get around for those busy times.

Yep! Powerdirector14 user. Been with PD since Powerdirector 4. On a Windows 10 machine. Intuitive, extremely easy to use with SVRT (Smart Video Rendering Technology) which means video rendering is done only when needed. When u render a file, and choose SVRT it will show the templates to use to get the maximum quality with the minimum amount of rendering. Once you render a file once, if you need to adjust just the audio tracks or add or mix a different audio channel, the video will not need to be re-rendered again. So the video quality is untouched. When adding effects, the SVRT will show how much of the video is being re-rendered, in percentages. Oddly enough, I also own the DJI OSMO. Raw footage from the osmo in the SVRT setting requires NO rendering. Unless your adding effects and graphics. So adding music or other audio tracks don’t degrade the video since its only adding audio. But the DJI Spark ⚡️ in SVRT requires one pass in rendering the file, so all video edits must be done on the initial pass to maintain the full 100% quality on subsequent passes. If you render the file again to change the audio, then SVRT does not re-render the video, it stays at zero video quality loss. And needless to say, video is what takes the longest to render. Minutes only if changing the audio. You can add 100 video tracks to your project and the same with audio along with 100s of special effects. So essentially if you start with a video that shows zero % in video rendering 100% quality and you add a new effect towards the end of the clip, it will only need to render that portion of the video, and thats what SVRT does. It will speed thru the clip until it reaches the newly added effect, then it slows and renders that portion only.
I’m very sure other software have their own way of maintaining video quality as well. But I have always used PD. because of its ease-of-use. I hate reading manuals! Intuitive means, that what u think should happen, happens. In other words, hmmm, I would press here if I wanted to do this. Well, what you know, I do press here in this program. Thats Powerdirector.
Sorry for rambling on..lol
Great product!

I ended up with Pinnacle Studio, after trying most of the software mentioned here. Owned Premier Elements, but did not find it very inutive... Easiest to learn must be Corel Studio, but Pinnacle seems to have vast possibilities, and renders fast on my Zenbook UX360...Still searching for a good alternative to Lightroom for stills.....

Filmora looks like good value but I stick with Premiere Pro CC as I’ve been using it on and off for years and you can always get video to look the way you want with minimum fuss once you know your way around.

Filmora looks like good value but I stick with Premiere Pro CC as I’ve been using it on and off for years and you can always get video to look the way you want with minimum fuss once you know your way around.

I'd love to use adobe, but the subscription price is just too much for me. :(

I've been using Shortcut. It's a free editor without watermark.
Probably not as extensive as premiere pro, but it can do quite a lot.
They even got their own YouTube channel with a lot of tutorials available.

What software would you recommend for editing and making clips. Paid and freeware. I have Vegas Pro 13 and it keeps crashing at render. Something more intuitive would be nice.

Thank you!
If you are using iPhone or iPad Luma fusion is great. It’s about 20 bucks on the App Store and once I started using that it’s all I use now! If you’re interested let me know and I could show you an easy way to get your footage onto your phone or your iPad.

Reactions: brycep
If you are using iPhone or iPad Luma fusion is great. It’s about 20 bucks on the App Store and once I started using that it’s all I use now! If you’re interested let me know and I could show you an easy way to get your footage onto your phone or your iPad.
Thank you. Checking it out!

@JMcIntosh I'm interested, can you show an easy way to get my footage into my iPad? Thanks.

@JMcIntosh I'm interested, can you show an easy way to get my footage into my iPad? Thanks.

Here is a video I made of how to transfer them easily.
I works directly from the sd card straight from the Spark. Also if you shoot b roll or have any videos on an iPhone you can air drop them to the iPad easily as well to include it in your video. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Here is a video I made of how to transfer them easily.
I works directly from the sd card straight from the Spark. Also if you shoot b roll or have any videos on an iPhone you can air drop them to the iPad easily as well to include it in your video. Hope this helps.

Cool, this rocks! [emoji106] I'm ordering this card reader... thanks.

The most frustrating part of the iPad SD reader is that you cannot work off the card. You must transfer everything to the iPad first to edit. Sucks if you have a 16GB unit like I do.

The most frustrating part of the iPad SD reader is that you cannot work off the card. You must transfer everything to the iPad first to edit. Sucks if you have a 16GB unit like I do.

I agree. Another thing that sucks is you cannot go from iPad to sd card , only sd card to iPad!

Reactions: suprPHREAK
I use Wondershare Filmora and DaVinci resolve. They both work well and easy to use and understand.

Well about this. I read the comments in the thread and downloaded it last night and went to bed. (Filmora). Woke up and installed it. Played with the software for about 10 minutes and WOW! I registered it immediately. Where has this little gem been hiding!!!

THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING IT!!!

I'd love to use adobe, but the subscription price is just too much for me. :(
For adobe premiere, there is the cc version which requires a subscription, or you can buy the elements version for a one time fee. I went with the latter, as I hate subscriptions.

Well about this. I read the comments in the thread and downloaded it last night and went to bed. (Filmora). Woke up and installed it. Played with the software for about 10 minutes and WOW! I registered it immediately. Where has this little gem been hiding!!!

THANK YOU FOR RECOMMENDING IT!!!
Cool, thanks for the feedback, I've been wanting to know more about others think of it, I will give it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast