Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best software?

Echoblue

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Loc
Space Mountain
What software would you recommend for editing and making clips. Paid and freeware. I have Vegas Pro 13 and it keeps crashing at render. Something more intuitive would be nice.

Thank you!

Reactions: Mxh666
Yeah... Wondershare Filmora very easy to use and lots of how to videos on YouTube

Reactions: Echoblue
I'm having problems with my Spark video not playing in these editors. My gopro video works and is mp4 but my Spark video which is also mp4 won't play. Tried using filmora and power commander for making videos.

I'm having problems with my Spark video not playing in these editors. My gopro video works and is mp4 but my Spark video which is also mp4 won't play. Tried using filmora and power commander for making videos.
That's just a codec issue, look for klite mega codec pack, and on installation make sure you only install the codecs, none of the other 'offers' that appear during install. Been using Klite codecs for well over a decade now on all of my systems and customers with codec issues and it's always been the fix. Any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I do almost all my video editing on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and I use Cyberlink Powerdirector. It has a free and paid version (I have paid), depending on how you feel about watermarks. I also use FilmoraGo (free with watermark) and Kinemaster (free with watermark) if I want some special transitions or text.

I came from a Mac and was quite happy with iMovie, but had to get a high end windows laptop for my university program so I sold the Mac. I have yet to find a decent free (or one-time reasonable fee) editing software for windows. All of the one's I've found online have been sub-par in my opinion and resolution looks like 480p

I spend a lot of time working with Adobe Premiere. It’s a lot to learn but worth the effort.

All great recommendations. Keep in mind that you need a fairly beefy graphics card to run the latest versions of Davinci Resolve. I learned this the hard way. It runs great on my newly built computer that I use at the office (GTX 1080 Ti), but on my home computer (GTX 660 Ti) the GPU memory fills up very quickly. This means you won't see previews of your clips and timeline playback is atrociously slow and jumpy.

All great recommendations. Keep in mind that you need a fairly beefy graphics card to run the latest versions of Davinci Resolve. I learned this the hard way. It runs great on my newly built computer that I use at the office (GTX 1080 Ti), but on my home computer (GTX 660 Ti) the GPU memory fills up very quickly. This means you won't see previews of your clips and timeline playback is atrociously slow and jumpy.

Excellent advice, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit