Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

best software for tracking me

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
As mentioned in previous posts, heading to Colorado to jeep some of the high peaks in Telluride area. I would love to be able to have the jeep follow me from
the front/side/back and video me running some of these trails. On top of the dji app, I have Litchi..

For those who have used track me type software, which of the
two softwares would you recommend for tracking. Any suggestion for best results. Would love to launch from hood of jeep and have it return at the end of the flight
to same location but from what I have read, the metal in the vehicles can obstruct wifi..is this correct??..So will have to launch spark away from jeep, run to and get into
jeep, do my drive and then get the jeep to land where the controller is. Which would be me getting out of the jeep and moving away from vehicle so as to not interfere with the landing.
Am I correct in the above assumptions. Again any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Al

The metal from the car and the magnetic field of the running engine will likely give you Compass Error (not usually a wifi issue). I've had mine refuse to take off just from the re-bar in a concrete pad.

Would be easier the have a passenger in your vehicle launch drone off the ground and set up Active Track. Both Litchi and DJI Go do this well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar