Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anyone successfully put a filter (or any kind) on the odd-shaped Spark camera?

Silversand

Join
Oct 17, 2017
Hi All:

....has anyone successfully put a lens filter (of any kind: even a printed part) on the odd-shaped Spark camera lens housing ?

I've tried the PolarPro filters and Freewell filters. While both fit okay, I like that the PolarPro filters don't require a piece to be attached to the camera in order to snap on the filter. To see what I mean, see this PolarPro video and this Freewell video.

FYI, you can find a list of other commonly used Spark ND filters here.

Last edited:
Polar Pro.:)

I’ve used Polar Pro. I dont like them though. Some vingnietting ruining the clarity.

I’ve used Polar Pro. I dont like them though. Some vingnietting ruining the clarity.

Sorry to hear about the vignetting you are seeing! That is not at all expected behavior for our filters and we'd be happy to help out. Would you mind emailing [email protected] with a sample image showing the problem so we can take a look? If the filters are not working properly then we will get them replaced for you.

- Oliver from PolarPro

Reactions: Mainiad
Been using the cinema shutter series from PolarPro and have been very happy with the results.

Here's the Fix for the Sunnylife filters

Here's the Fix for the Sunnylife filters

Nice vids....thanks.

OK, is this an issue with the PolarPro filter mounts, too? Or not.

On edit: ....I found a PolarPro filter set for Spark and had a close look: no gimbal interference possible with this filter set...

Last edited:
I have ordered a filter kit from SandMarc, ND4, ND8, ND16 and polar filter. Aerial Filters - DJI Spark

I'll give a quick review once I've tested them
I'll be curious to see how they do, that block sure looks like it might get in the way of upward gimbal motion. Try a pano and let us know
Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 1.36.48 PM.png

I've got the Sunnylife ones (6-pack) and I'm sending them back. (Its the one with the clip going over the top to the back of the camera)
Sunnylife Camera Lens Filter Set for DJI SPARK NOT Affect Gimbal Self-inspection | eBay
LInk above states it doesn't effect the gimbal.... it's true, the weight is fine (I heard PolarPro initially had issues with theirs?) but the clip jams at the back of the gimbal when it goes to a negative tilt (points up)
Don't buy them, they don't fit.... keeps overloading my gimbal when the camera does a negative pitch (so, Sport mode and Panoramas)
It's a pain to send items back to China.

Here's a fix?
Sorry yeah a fix for the issues with the sunnylife filters when trying to take a pano. The plastic at the back blocks the movement of the gimbal for the upward photos of a gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis