Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android and IOS Maps when no cell coverage or overseas

Col

Join
Dec 23, 2017
OK .. ( waves white flag ) I'm really confused now about Android and IOS Maps when there isn't any network coverage .
I have an S6 edge and a iphone 6 which rarely gets used , but not sure what to use when I have no cover in certain uk places and esp overseas , where I am often . I know I can download maps in Android but only cache in IOS ... so each has its benefits ... so what to do ?
If it sounds a bit confused Well that's because I am . [emoji850] some say ios and others android .
Thanks in advance . Col

Last edited:
Sure. You had said that you knew about caching or downloading the maps, so I thought that maybe you knew the processes.

Follow these steps. Cache Maps
Thank you for that . I did know about it but i wasn't quite sure how to. Currently I'm just soaking up knowledge from you excellent guys on this forum .

Sure. You had said that you knew about caching or downloading the maps, so I thought that maybe you knew the processes.

Follow these steps. Cache Maps

I am now using an IPad mini 2, IOS 10.0.2, with DJI GO 4.1.22. In the General Settings screen I do not see the "Cache Map in the Background" switch that appears in your link to the P3 thread.

OK .. ( waves white flag ) I'm really confused now about Android and IOS Maps when there isn't any network coverage .
I have an S6 edge and a iphone 6 which rarely gets used , but not sure what to use when I have no cover in certain uk places and esp overseas , where I am often . I know I can download maps in Android but only cache in IOS ... so each has its benefits ... so what to do ?
If it sounds a bit confused Well that's because I am . [emoji850] some say ios and others android .
Thanks in advance . Col

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis