Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

download offline maps for ios?

mal

Join
Aug 4, 2017
I know that offline maps are available for android but will they ever be available for ios?
I also know that you can cache maps, but I am not interested in that just want maps like the android version.
Will dji ever offer these offline maps for ios?

mal

If you are running the dji go4 app on android there is a option to download offline maps which is not available on the ios version.

start up the app and see the small map in bottom right corner and click to open up full screen

They will be "normal map", not satellite one.
It will be of use for you if you have the RC. Without the RC, there is no map displayed.
It is useful with the RC and you connect to it with wifi, so you have no internet access to get the map view. The manual don't describe it.
By the way, you can download maps country by country to save space, but I think you mean 288MB, not 288GB ;)

Use of map:

Reactions: notime
You are welcome.

Reactions: notime
On that video did you have to zoom in at the altitude it was showing per where you were flying, or did the map automatically show that low of an altitude? When I bring up my map it shows a much much higher altitude.

On that video did you have to zoom in at the altitude it was showing per where you were flying, or did the map automatically show that low of an altitude? When I bring up my map it shows a much much higher altitude.
You mean zooming / unzooming in the map to show more or less area ?

hello, where can i download these maps?
or do you need to have a wifi connection to use them?
and if they are downloaded how to i get the djigo4 app to read them?
I am using the rc connected to a ipad mini 4 by otg.

hello, where can i download these maps?
or do you need to have a wifi connection to use them?
and if they are downloaded how to i get the djigo4 app to read them?
I am using the rc connected to a ipad mini 4 by otg.
With an ipad and OTG, if you have wifi connection to internet, then you can have live map.
If you cannot have internet, then you need to cache the map in advance.
You open Go4 app with internet connection, you press "Enter Device" (it is black, not blue as you are not in connection with the Spark).
You switch to map view.
You move the map to all area you will fly with the right zoom level you need. This is caching (pre-loading) the maps.
Exit Go4 app.

If you want to check, you can go to airplane mode, start Go4, "Enter Device", switch to map mode and you can see what is cached. You can see that not all area have the same resolution cached.

The great unknown is what do really Go4 app with these cached map when the Spark is connected. It is sometimes tricky to get them displayed as the map is just grey even if you know there are cached maps available.
There is the compass icon in the map toolbar that when several time activated make the cached map displayed. There is also the flight records display that could also sometime activate the display of cached map.

I know that offline maps are available for android but will they ever be available for ios?
I also know that you can cache maps, but I am not interested in that just want maps like the android version.
Will dji ever offer these offline maps for ios?

mal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers