Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A very quick and simple solution to the battery eject problem

Has anyone contacted DJI about this battery issue being covered under warranty?
I feel fortunate because my batteries lock in very securely. I have tried to pull them loose without pressing the latch and no go. Not even a wiggle
Yeah mine too. But with all the threads I've seen I'm not taking any chances.

Yeah mine too. But with all the threads I've seen I'm not taking any chances.
I feel secure the way mine is now. I don't want to add any unnecessary weight.
I think contacting DJI might be worth it if you have battery dropout problems. Just sayin'........

DJI recognized the design of the retention clips could stand some improvement shortly after the Spark was released. They created a second generation battery with beefier clips that locks with greater authority. There are plenty of the older versions in use and being sold as spares however.

Unfortunately due to the overall design it's still easy to insert the battery without the clips fully engaged. The tiny clips are also prone to wear which is accelerated by improper renal technique.

These 3 videos show the problems (and solutions) better than my description:

Has anyone contacted DJI about this battery issue being covered under warranty?
I feel fortunate because my batteries lock in very securely. I have tried to pull them loose without pressing the latch and no go. Not even a wiggle
I would gladly add a little weight if it ment my spark doesn't come crashing out of the sky any day over the inevitable.

Reactions: Davenwolf
I really never gave it much thought (mine is a newer one and likely has the better latch) but the loss of power during flight would be catastrophic. Thanks for the insights.

Steve.

I've heard of this but never experienced it?

Anyone know if The DJI "fix" was in the battery design or the Spark body?

Should I invest $3 on the strap?

I bought mine in May 2018 and no problems. I hit a wall in my showroom and it didn't pop out. It fell about 3 feet and landed on a display case.

I am a little concerned now. That would be very bad to lose power during flight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis