Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A bit of warning!!!

Maersk65

Join
Jul 30, 2019
Loc
UK ??
Nearly had a heart attack this afternoon when I came to fly my Spark and somehow changed mode from FCC back to EC!!! back to 13 channels:(
so I was wondering whats changed since yesterday, Then struck me straight away like lightening , I installed the new "Dronelink app" and I just tried it out last night to see what it can offer and thats where my FCC mode has gone been reset to EC mode without a warning message to cancel it!!!

Back to FCC now (11 Channels), thank you God...

Reactions: Haggi
Thanks for the warning, will check my bird on the next flight!
You on IOS or Android device?
Hi, IOS device iphoneX and iPad mini4
I'm not sure why their app default my Dji4 go app back to EC mode without a warning message... Noughty if u ask me...

The Autopilot does the same without warning. To keep flying my Spark in FCC mode I always start with DJI GO4 and lift off. Respond with Cancel on question to reset to my country (CE mode). Then hard kill GO4 and start Autopilot with Spark floating on 2 meters.

When stopping for battery change or for the day I have to hard kill AP and start GO4 again before landing, to keep the FCC mode.

When using Litchi I get the question to change the country as with GO4. So that's much easier. Hopfully Dronelink can do that if the developer got aware of this. The same developer as to AP.

I'm using IOS to be able to run AP.

The Autopilot does the same without warning. To keep flying my Spark in FCC mode I always start with DJI GO4 and lift off. Respond with Cancel on question to reset to my country (CE mode). Then hard kill GO4 and start Autopilot with Spark floating on 2 meters.

When stopping for battery change or for the day I have to hard kill AP and start GO4 again before landing, to keep the FCC mode.

When using Litchi I get the question to change the country as with GO4. So that's much easier. Hopfully Dronelink can do that if the developer got aware of this. The same developer as to AP.

Thanks Koffe for your work round info...
Will give it a go tomorrow, hope it will work same as yours...really bad from Dronelink...

And Yes, They should do something about this bad glitch!!!

Wow. All very technical stuff. Have to ask a basic question-should I worry I will get the same problem? I fly with RC and iPad 6 and so far have not had these issues.

Reactions: Mandruka

Hi Koffe
Have followed your instructions just now and worked 100%???WiFi remains on FCC/5.8G

Reactions: koffe
Wow. All very technical stuff. Have to ask a basic question-should I worry I will get the same problem? I fly with RC and iPad 6 and so far have not had these issues.
Hi
If you are into planning a route and let the little Spark do all sort of things automatically then the app “Dronelink” is your answer... takes a while to setup the route and then sit down and watch the show on your iPad.

As my previous warning ⚠️ watch your FCC/CE mode and follow Koffe instructions and you are good to go.
Good luck ?

For the uninitiated , where does one make note of these settings to validate what mode you're in.

Hi Macinfo, just have a look under WiFi tab in your Go4 app and see how many channels you have...if
1 to 13 you r in CE mode Europe. And
1 to 11 you r in FCC mode USA
Hope that’s what you are asking for???
Let me know if u have any queries..,
Happy Droning, lovely weather here in Lancashire today:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast