Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1st accident

smith

Join
Sep 27, 2017
Here we go, had my first accident today, was quite windy, went out of gps to atti mode, lost controll then smach on a truezit came down, thank god i jad guards on, which 2 of them broke.
My wuestion is my two front propellers have a slight cut,very small, will it be ok to fly or do i nees new propellers?

Here we go, had my first accident today, was quite windy, went out of gps to atti mode, lost controll then smach on a truezit came down, thank god i jad guards on, which 2 of them broke.
My wuestion is my two front propellers have a slight cut,very small, will it be ok to fly or do i nees new propellers?

Get new ones...it's cheap insurance.

I see you're in London. I'm not surprised you lost it - the winds here were very strong yesterday. The max wind speed the Spark can handle is 18mph. The winds here were up to 28mph. Maybe want to check the wind speed before you fly.

Any damage to blades always replace them. You have got to remember that they are rotating very fast and any damage will cause vibration amplified by their speed and could cause damage to the drone and maybe bring it down when you didn't want to come down.

Reactions: smith
Any damage to blades always replace them. You have got to remember that they are rotating very fast and any damage will cause vibration amplified by their speed and could cause damage to the drone and maybe bring it down when you didn't want to come down.
Do you think third party blades are good enough? Or original dji blades

I have read mixed reviews but personally I would stick to the genuine articals. After all, they are cheap enough and there's the fact that the spark is not that cheap that I would want to risk damage to it by attaching cheaper rotors.
Its realy down to the individual.

Do you think third party blades are good enough? Or original dji blades
I have an article on only buying from DJI. Aftermarket ones tend to be made of cheap brittle plastic. I bought some recently and took them out of the box... 1 dropped onto the table and sounded like a very cheap plastic fork. I grabbed my Spark and took a prop off and dropped it onto the table also and it made a solid sound.... I now have a full set of blades which I dare not use. Am afraid of the Spark ripping them to bits while in sport mode changing direction.

Yup as others have said, replace them. Not doing so may cost you more in the end. Regarding flying in the wind. I have an anemometer and check the wind speed before flying. Sure it can be higher wind speeds or lower as you rise in altitude but its a good guide. I don't tend to fly my Spark in winds above 10 mph. I figure if I go downwind to far it might not make it back. I'll go higher wind speeds depending which drone I'm flying... I've flown in 25 mph steady winds with my Inspire....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef