Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Zoom

I

Inactive

Hello pilots I heard a roumlr recently that the djipark had a zoom function. I overheard a friend mention that while in video mode while not recording you can hold down the customizable button and when you move the camera wheel button left or right while holding the customizable button the camera zoomes in. I was wondering is there any truth to this. I would test it myself but am really busy so lol yea

Oh helloooooo : ) I just talked to him and he said in the new update there's a setting where you can hold the customization button and then move the wheel left to zoom in and right to zoom out.

I havent tried it so i don't know, however I was told by another guy down the street that the spark does not have zoom while flying and that the maverick had 2x zoom but the spark has no zoom.

So at this point, i don't know who to believe. I guess I'll just have to try it, but I still don't think spark has a zoom, but it would be amazing to be proven wrong.

Yeah I just talked to my ex who does professional photographer with drones for National Geographic, and he said absolutely not, dji spark does not have any related zoom functionality and there isn't plans for any new function of the sort.

The who who I heard that from was either lying or just didn't know what the h*lol he was talking about.

Without any active optical stabilization, it would be useless. I would think that some video editors might have a zoom feature but the picture quality might not be so good when using it. Something to check into.

If the Spark ever received a zoom function via firmware it could only be DIGITAL. This effectively increases pixel size and lowers resolution which is already only 1080 - the results are kind of disappointing. OPTICAL zoom doesn't degrade picture quality but would require new hardware.

You can already do digital zoom on Spark footage using video editing software. Plenty of tutorials on YouTube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar