Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

YAW errors!

Glumone

Join
Aug 1, 2017
Loc
Boston, Ma
So was out flying yesterday for first time in two weeks do to weather and wind in the North East. Day did not start out good first got controller error after turning everything on and controller started to flash red and beep. Had to restart several times and also move spark to a new location few feet away. After that took off with the understanding that the winds were still blowing at around 8-10MPH but once I got up to about 125ft spark caught a gust of 25+ and sent the spark into YAW error and messages displayed on the screen. Quickly had to stop the drone to get it back into balanced flight, seemed like the wind had blown it to almost 45 degrees or more thought it was going to flip. So got it under control brought the spark down to under 60ft and continued to fly for about 20 more minutes then decided that even at 60ft wind still had gusts up to 30+ so I called it a day. No damage down but scary to see mid flight. After 250+ flight first time I have even seen that happen, simply scary. Do Not recommend flying your spark above 18MPH winds.

So was out flying yesterday for first time in two weeks do to weather and wind in the North East. Day did not start out good first got controller error after turning everything on and controller started to flash red and beep. Had to restart several times and also move spark to a new location few feet away. After that took off with the understanding that the winds were still blowing at around 8-10MPH but once I got up to about 125ft spark caught a gust of 25+ and sent the spark into YAW error and messages displayed on the screen. Quickly had to stop the drone to get it back into balanced flight, seemed like the wind had blown it to almost 45 degrees or more thought it was going to flip. So got it under control brought the spark down to under 60ft and continued to fly for about 20 more minutes then decided that even at 60ft wind still had gusts up to 30+ so I called it a day. No damage down but scary to see mid flight. After 250+ flight first time I have even seen that happen, simply scary. Do Not recommend flying your spark above 18MPH winds.
If you use the app UAV Forecast, you can determine wind speed, wind direction, and strength of gusts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar