Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Xiaomi repeater

michalszwed18

Join
Jul 26, 2017
Hi there
Did anybody tryed to use the smallest Xiaomi WiFi repeater dongle to boost transmission. I did buy two but it fail to configure with Spark network. They work fine as home repeater though...
ca38d634f2455940ca62a4e84c692efe.jpg

Yeah...I don't think that's gonna work with Spark.

But the medium version works

Just a note.. That Pro app maybe configured to stop 2.4gh to 5ghz hopping. Its also removed the wifi limitations.

Btw,
In regards to the USB stick, which version did you get. There is version 1 and 2 of the USB stick.
I am waiting for mine to be delivered.

Mind you, I am getting 300m with my spark via wifi without any boosters using an Android S7 Edge.

I got the version 2.
My WiFi signal is poor (smartphone). Without the controller spark is limited to 60/40 meters or so but I cannot get this, and sometimes got signal lost doing the 60m Quickshot's.

Hi there
Did anybody tryed to use the smallest Xiaomi WiFi repeater dongle to boost transmission. I did buy two but it fail to configure with Spark network. They work fine as home repeater though...
ca38d634f2455940ca62a4e84c692efe.jpg

You may wish to buy one of these works with Spark ! ....I have one works well gives you great flexiblity .
商品詳情

Attachments

• TB2nCIbaC_9F1JjSZFrXXcrVFXa_!!2967948219.jpg_180x180q90s150.jpg
    TB2nCIbaC_9F1JjSZFrXXcrVFXa_!!2967948219.jpg_180x180q90s150.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 96
Did a quick search on the Alientech booster. Be careful.

Googled exchange rate for 1389 yen and it was $12.82 USD. That didn't sound right.

Found another site for sale $299. Sounds better.

A third site on Ebay was $1389! o_O

Just a note.. That Pro app maybe configured to stop 2.4gh to 5ghz hopping. Its also removed the wifi limitations.

Btw,
In regards to the USB stick, which version did you get. There is version 1 and 2 of the USB stick.
I am waiting for mine to be delivered.

Mind you, I am getting 300m with my spark via wifi without any boosters using an Android S7 Edge.

Too bad it's iOS only and there's no similar app for Android :-(

I wouldn't like for some 2.4 to 5.8 switching to happen midflight for some reason ! I wonder if they hacked 4.1.3 Android app could have these features added, sport/2.4/no distance limits...

Did a quick search on the Alientech booster. Be careful.

Googled exchange rate for 1389 yen and it was $12.82 USD. That didn't sound right.

Found another site for sale $299. Sounds better.

A third site on Ebay was $1389! o_O

FYI i payed around £200.00

Of Couse you do, I didn’t expect so many eccentric millionaires in one place! my bad lol .

No its not all about distance just about being heard over all the other wifi in my area , I’m guessing you may not be subject to the CE/500 rule ?

I have a Mavic as well. :p. My point was if you want range, the Mavic is the way to go, both for the TX power and battery life. Different tools for different jobs.

Of Couse you do, I didn’t expect so many eccentric millionaires in one place! my bad lol .
No its not all about distance, just about being heard over all the other wifi in my area , I’m guessing you may not be subject to the CE/500 rule ?

Reactions: mapwd1702
Hi
I want to buy a Spark as it has a superior video quality over the Bebop 2, though I am already paying above my budget 400$ for a used one, so I can't pay an extra $$$ for the RC.
I Saw the youtube video with the xiaomi extender and was ready to buy the one of first post, though as I can see it didn't work out for you all?
There are still no solution to lock the Spark to 2.4ghz and benefit a wider wifi range without RC?
Btw how good or bad is the Galaxy S8 wifi signal with the Spark outside a city, in the mountains for example?
And what about using a USB Dual band 2.4ghz/5ghz Wifi extender? I saw some for only 15$ on aliexpress

Last edited:
I saw that you can force the Spark to be on 2.4ghz by holding the button 9 seconds, but even though it will still be limited to 50m altitude and 100m away with the Xiaomi Wifi booster?
Yes I am on Android

There's an iOS app whose name escapes me right now that can work around this apparently, but nothing on Android AFAIK.

Reactions: thewhatever
There's an iOS app whose name escapes me right now that can work around this apparently, but nothing on Android AFAIK.

Yes I think it's called Spark Pro, personally I don't need 2km and 500m altitude, it's way too dangerous for the Spark, but I would not say no to get 100m altitude and let it go 300m away to get some cinematic for my upcoming youtube channel.
I saw that in CE (European countries) it's limited to 50m altitude and 100m away, while FCC countries can have much more, I can switch countries CSC on my S8 to make it looks like from another country, do you think it will unlock FCC and give me additional hundred meters? I am in Lebanon and my CSC is actually Dubai as I bought it from there

Yes I think it's called Spark Pro, personally I don't need 2km and 500m altitude, it's way too dangerous for the Spark, but I would not say no to get 100m altitude and let it go 300m away to get some cinematic for my upcoming youtube channel.
I saw that in CE (European countries) it's limited to 50m altitude and 100m away, while FCC countries can have much more, I can switch countries CSC on my S8 to make it looks like from another country, do you think it will unlock FCC and give me additional hundred meters? I am in Lebanon and my CSC is actually Dubai as I bought it from there
CE/FCC is based on the position from the spark GPS. So you HAVE to be in FCC region to use this standard. Whit firmware.701 we can lock spark to stay on 2.4ghz after power off. So no need for 9s restart anymore.

Reactions: thewhatever
CE/FCC is based on the position from the spark GPS. So you HAVE to be in FCC region to use this standard. Whit firmware.701 we can lock spark to stay on 2.4ghz after power off. So no need for 9s restart anymore.

Nice! So now you can get more distance with the Wifi extender or it's still limited by the Dji Go app?
What about the app named Litchi ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar