Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Worth buying right now in Canada

Seth Spark

Join
Dec 26, 2017
With these new UAV laws in Canada, Im sceptical on purchading my very first drone. I feel the spark fly more pack is perfect to get my feet wet but can you even fly it with the new regulations? Do most of you fly illegally? The fly more pack right now for me is $749 Canadian.. Super excited.. Any info would be great.

Reactions: RaspPiGuy
I'm in the Waterloo area and fly all the time. Grab the AirMap app and enter your model as a Spark and see what's around. If you're in a major center (like Toronto), there won't be many places to fly without leaving town. Around here it's not too bad -- an airport, prison, some helipads. Airports (and their 5.5km radius bubble for Spark) will be your biggest hurdle.

None. Very pleased (though the better stabilization and improved camera ability of the Mavic is calling my name from the distant future). :)

I just got a Spark for Christmas to complement my Phantom 3 Standard. I’m in the Barrie area and fly all the time. As RaspPiGuy said just get Airmap and UAV forecast. They are free apps. Both have maps to tell you where you can fly and can help you find areas 5.5km outside airport zones. UAV forecast will also give you wind conditions and tell you whether it is safe to fly. The $749 price for the flymore combo is a good price.

Be aware you will likely have to keep your battery warm before you fly in our cold weather here in Canada otherwise you could have greatly reduced flight times or other battery related problems.

Chris

If you order from amazon.ca just make sure it is shipped and sold by Amazon then you have 30 days to retirn it if it is not whst you want.

I'm in Nova Scotia and fly my drones all the time. (legally) I don't fly in the city but prefer to fly over water and wide open spaces. It's a gas and I love my spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni