Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi

Teddy

Join
Jan 17, 2018
Since upgrade to Go4 4.2.4 and latest Spark firmware I can only see the 5.8 GHz WiFi band, the 2.4GHz is now no longer visible /accessible. Is this part of the new upgrade or do I have another WiFi issue?

Since upgrade to Go4 4.2.4 and latest Spark firmware I can only see the 5.8 GHz WiFi band, the 2.4GHz is now no longer visible /accessible. Is this part of the new upgrade or do I have another WiFi issue?

No wonder, i notice that too. I thought 2.4ghz was auto disable due to over congested network in that band.

I’m not sure as I’m ios, but I thought android users couldn’t switch, which is why iOS users were getting greater distances.

You can switch on Android by resetting the Spark's WiFi with the 3 beeps method, once it's set it remains 2.4GHz until the next Spark boot up, when it sometimes switches back to 5GHz if 2.4 is crowded, and I have to reset the Spark's WiFi again.

This is what happens for me with a Nexus 5 Android 6 anyway.

Just flew Spark. Using Android Crystal Sky. (w/ parabolic antenna) on remote. Took off to about 10 ft (3m+) I was getting the worst signal ever. Just bought Crystal Sky (really bummed me out) I flew an area about 800 feet or more with this problem hoping it would get better. It did not. OK RTH. Noticed that I was set up to fly 5.8gh on the screen. After landing, went to GO 4 app and took off auto mode in radio settings and switched to manual. Set signal to channel 6 (it was on channel 153) . Took off again, same route with perfect reception all the way to RTH. Love that Crystal Sky now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef