Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi settings on the Spark

Simk1n

Join
Jan 2, 2019
Is it necessary to set the Spark to manual WiFi settings and pick a channel to get 2.4Ghz?

What will happend when it is in Auto? I assume it will switch automatically? Or is this not a preferred setting?

I have two phones, one Samsung S9+ and one LG G7 ThinQ, and the LG wont find my Drone's wifi if i set it to 2.4Ghz, the Samsung is working fine.

I'm curious... Why do you care about the Spark's Wi-Fi? You have the Fly More package which includes the remote and eliminates the need for a Wi-Fi connection to the drone. The RC communicates with the Spark on the 5.8GHz ISM band, not Wi-Fi.

Is it necessary to set the Spark to manual WiFi settings and pick a channel to get 2.4Ghz?

What will happend when it is in Auto? I assume it will switch automatically? Or is this not a preferred setting?

I have two phones, one Samsung S9+ and one LG G7 ThinQ, and the LG wont find my Drone's wifi if i set it to 2.4Ghz, the Samsung is working fine.
In auto, spark selects the band with less interference, for ac-rc communication.
The other band, is used for rc-device communication.

Some devices don't support 5.8g (this is the case when 2.4g is used for ac-rc communication).

To my understanding the RC and Spark communicate via either 2.4 or 5.8 band, so does my phone and RC.

So if I choose 2.4 in the GO app, RC and Spark is on 2.4 and my phone and RC is on 5.8 and vice versa?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast