Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wifi connections

Dave A

Join
Jan 4, 2018
Loc
Ontario
Until my CS arrives I'm using my Sony Xperia Z5 with the RC and Spark. During first testing yesterday I had the Wifi connection drop a few times in a short period. My phone is always connected to my house Wifi network and set to connect automatically when I'm home. When my Spark disconnected from Wifi I noticed my phone had reconnected to the house network. Could this be the cause of the Spark disconnecting? I'm guessing this will not be a problem out in the field.

Sounds like you worked it out yourself. You could tun off auto connect just to test it out to be certain..

Until my CS arrives I'm using my Sony Xperia Z5 with the RC and Spark. During first testing yesterday I had the Wifi connection drop a few times in a short period. My phone is always connected to my house Wifi network and set to connect automatically when I'm home. When my Spark disconnected from Wifi I noticed my phone had reconnected to the house network. Could this be the cause of the Spark disconnecting? I'm guessing this will not be a problem out in the field.
The home WIFI network is more than likely the cause. I have 3 separate networks/router in my home and its next to impossible to fly my Spark here.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab A 8. I disable Wifi & BT, connect with an OTG cable. Seems to work best for me indoors.

I tried turning off the wifi and connecting with the OTG cable but didn't seem to work for me. With Android being an open source OS with so many variations I'm thinking that is why it works with some and not others. But I may be wrong as I'm no techie.

Dave

Yes, may just be your procedure, here's how I connect: First, have OTG cable connected to your phone but NOT your RC. (OTG dongle end goes to RC, not phone - important)
Power on RC
Power on Spark and wait for connection with RC (green LED)
Connect OTG to RC
Open Go4app
Click on go fly - you are good to go

Reactions: Edikfly
Yes, may just be your procedure, here's how I connect: First, have OTG cable connected to your phone but NOT your RC. (OTG dongle end goes to RC, not phone - important)
Power on RC
Power on Spark and wait for connection with RC (green LED)
Connect OTG to RC
Open Go4app
Click on go fly - you are good to go
this works great but remember there might be critical info missing for new pilots, battery info GPS stats when using OTG

this works great but remember there might be critical info missing for new pilots, battery info GPS stats when using OTG

I've decided I will not be trying to use an OTG connection until it is supported by JDI. I have enough now to learn without messing with something that can be frustrating.

Dave

I've decided I will not be trying to use an OTG connection until it is supported by JDI. I have enough now to learn without messing with something that can be frustrating.

Dave
Great idea

Got tired of the wireless trying to connect to my house/garage so I just ordered a otg connector to defeat this issue. It seems that the video comes in crappy through the wireless anyways. I have my Mavic, Inspire, P3P, P4P all set up the same way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast