Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

why don't DJI send emails like they say there going to?

Chuck Halfacre

Join
Sep 30, 2018
Loc
40 Miles out side of Las Vegas
I lost my drone on Sunday Dec.19th I called DJI they did there little like they care! any ways I go on telling them how it went away on me and that's all I've heard from them! Is that the way they always do it? I bought the extra insurances just incase and they ask if I have it but still I get nothing from them? I spent a lot of money on I think everything the Spark has for it but now no Drone..I'm Disabled and only get that one check a month so every little bite I have needs to count, But this Drone help me get out side almost everyday. This really sucks everything about this drone was supposed to let them get lost like this.. I have spent the last few days trying to walk through tumbleweeds trying to find it.. This is a bad time of the year for me. What can I do? Anyone ?

Reactions: chits
I call DJI around 130pm Friday... I'm asking the lady why are they not calling me back? I tell her do you have my email in front of you? she Mutters something I ask again she mutters again? So I ask it another way she goes oh yes yes I have it right here! "WOW" So now I spell it out and do the word for each letter I get to the wife part in my screen name and she ask is the wive? I replied it's Wife like I married my wife? "OOOOHH" that is what is wrong. I ask so because my email is wrong that stops you from calling me? I ask her every time I call in to ask a Question or have a problem They ask me for my email address an I spell it out every time so do they just not pay attention when asking you for info? The problem of why my Drone flew away may have been stopped if they would have been averted? <---- Is that even a word? don't matter I have no drone either way.. Thanks for reading have a Great Christmas PEEP's

Keep calling, and ask for a manager if you don't get results. Usually with a fly away they look at the flight records to try and determine if the fly away was caused by pilot error or a malfunction of the drone. If they can determine it was NOT pilot error, they will give you a new drone for free. But this takes a little time.

Have they asked for your flight records? What have they said they will do?

Maybe someone who has been through the process will reply with some helpful hints for you.

Keep calling, and ask for a manager if you don't get results. Usually with a fly away they look at the flight records to try and determine if the fly away was caused by pilot error or a malfunction of the drone. If they can determine it was NOT pilot error, they will give you a new drone for free. But this takes a little time.

Maybe someone who has been through the process will reply with some helpful hints for you.
From my phone call yesterday they can't seem to spell my email address right. I was told to wait 24 hours want to bet I don't get it. It's really seems that they do a lot of running around. From what I remember my drone was 900 and 83 ft in the sky it disconnected I waited for a few minutes then I hit return home. When I go back over that part it shows return to home but it never got here. it shows just what I was doing I kept the right pushed forward for the Drone to come to me and 983 ft and 2600 feet from me I started bringing it down Intel it disconnected. I go over it and over it same thing says last known position 983 ft in the sky and around 2,600 feet from me it has yet never came to me I never even heard it's a landing. But I was over where it said it was last at there's no marks on the ground nothing I searched for the last few days trying to find it but me being disabled I have a hard time walking. But this drone has gotten me outside a lot. So that's kind of why I'm in a want to find it because it gets me out side and walking. Not sure what else to do? I can keep calling them but I'd rather have the Drone and be done with it. Sad sad days for me

Are you saying you were at an altitude of 983' ?

Do you know how to post your flight logs here?

Sorry you lost your bird and I hope they replace it for you. You have the DJI Refresh I think you said. If you can post your flight logs someone may be able to help you, but unfortunately i'm not knowledgeable on that yet....Probably when I lose mine I'll learn!

Or maybe try and enlist some help...Get some kids out looking for it and offer a small reward! Good luck, keep trying, you'll get there one way or another!

Are you saying you were at an altitude of 983' ?

Do you know how to post your flight logs here?

Sorry you lost your bird and I hope they replace it for you. You have the DJI Refresh I think you said. If you can post your flight logs someone may be able to help you, but unfortunately i'm not knowledgeable on that yet....Probably when I lose mine I'll learn!

Or maybe try and enlist some help...Get some kids out looking for it and offer a small reward! Good luck, keep trying, you'll get there one way or another!

Thanks for your reply: Yes I was flying at 983FT up and around 2600 FT away or a little less, but yes I have that insurance DJI sales but if I read it right it don't cover lost or stolen Drones plus with what we paid for it you also have to pay another $40 each time you use it. DJI ask me if I had it I said yes and that was the end of that conversation. Not sure why they ask if you have it for? it don't cover lost drones inless they have a loop hole..No I don't no how to post my flight log I'm lucky if I can turn this computer on.. lol I do keep looking to see if there is a download for computer's and I say that because not everyone has a tablet computer and or a phone? Some only have a phone so not sure how that works'.. Take care and see if your drone will allow you to put a 2nd GPS on it that's what I'll be trying when I get another drone. If there was a 2nd GPS on it I'll bet you I would have found it!

That would be great if someone that has dealt with this could tell me if there jacking me around or what the deal is? I'm not going to be waiting now come Monday I'll be a calling them everyday.. I called in to the call center before thanksgiving and told them I had a problem then and I never heard from them so I just took it as maybe they fixed it with a firmware update... I got no calls or emails from them. Friday I was told it was my email that is wrong so I ask so there was no one that could call me? Reply I'm not sure what happened!! The supervisor said on Monday she will be looking in on the account to make sure it's taken care of.. I have not heard back from her! Oh Mano yes they did ask for the flight records I ask what do I do with them and how do I send them! Then I was asked you haven't received an email from us yet? Back to the wall to beat my head a few more time's.. Have a great charismas everyone Mine is going to suck. IT"S a round robin if anyone ask what is a round Robin? It's where you run in a circle and try to catch your ***...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewDatcu