Which program/apps do you use for editing video?

Discussion in 'Spark Discussions' started by Francisco Arnaus de Ros, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

1. Francisco Arnaus de Ros

Hi,

I am an advanced amateur in photography but completely newbie to video. Never minded about video till I got my Spark.

I would like to know which video editing tools do you use? Which one would you recommend for some basic editing? Add some music, select the good clips and put it together.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Franc

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

I keep this list of video editors often recommended by members of this site.

3. GearHead83

GearHead83 Well-Known Member

I typically use my Spark for photography but sometimes i'll put together a short clip for social media. However when I do need to edit video I use Adobe premiere pro.

4. Davezilla

Davezilla Member

DaVinci Resolve. Free and amazing. Has everything that the (very) expensive programs have...

5. sickno

sickno Member

I use filmora , but it has his.....limitations. I think i ll start using final cut and premiere

6. Northwood Mediaworks

Northwood Mediaworks Well-Known Member

I have all sorts of pro editors, but sometimes I use the more simpler ones... one I have come to like for speed and simplicity is ShotCut.... its cross platform, Mac, Windows, LInux... Shotcut - Home

I find the Apple ones (FC Pro X, iMovie) are good but end up cluttering your disk. I am a big fan of Vegas Pro in Windows, and have also used Resolve in both Mac and Windows, it works well too.

Lots to choose from depending on your budget.