Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which App Version is currently the most stable?

Sparkasse

Join
Jan 17, 2018
Loc
Vietnam
Hey folks - for the last two months I was quite a bit busy. So no time to walk my spark.
This weekend I have some time - so time to go for a walk with Spark...

I have a Xiaomi Android - and I am using normally OTG cable. Last Version I used was 4.1.15 with OTG and later 4.2.12 or something (the first version, when OTG was back)

Which one would you recommend now? For the current version here available (4.2.20) I saw a massive bad reviews on playstore...

I'm having problems with my iPhone 6 and Spark RC - losing connectivity all the time. I know this thread is about Android, but any suggestions as to which is the best DJI Go 4 version for my combo?

Hey folks - for the last two months I was quite a bit busy. So no time to walk my spark.
This weekend I have some time - so time to go for a walk with Spark...

I have a Xiaomi Android - and I am using normally OTG cable. Last Version I used was 4.1.15 with OTG and later 4.2.12 or something (the first version, when OTG was back)

Which one would you recommend now? For the current version here available (4.2.20) I saw a massive bad reviews on playstore...

If 4.1.15 is working? why update? I use 4.1.15 and will not update unless absolutely necessary.
The version that enabled OTG that you mentioned ( 4.2.12 I think) DID work well but I did not like the offline maps set up and there were no new features so I uninstalled and reverted back.
I will usually test new versions to see if anything new/improved and/or if it is weird or does not work...Needless to say, I am still on the "old" version.

How does one go back to another previous version ? can it be done with DJI assistant ? i have 4.2.20 and i am having problem with freezes and disconnect`s . It fly`s great just with RC so i figure its software related . Also i tried a reset and a fresh install of .20 .

Thanks , one more little question they have 2 variants of 4.2.16 winch is the right one for my Spark ?

How does one go back to another previous version ? can it be done with DJI assistant ? i have 4.2.20 and i am having problem with freezes and disconnect`s . It fly`s great just with RC so i figure its software related . Also i tried a reset and a fresh install of .20 .

Besides uninstalling the current app and all of its cache and data ( the uninstall will leave a few folders behind that might affect the proper install of an "older" app) and downloading the app you want, you have to enable the device to install apps from sources other than the store. It is a security setting in the options of the device/phone. If you do a search for "sideloading apps" there will be a lot of info that will explain all that more fully than I could here.

I'm having problems with my iPhone 6 and Spark RC - losing connectivity all the time. I know this thread is about Android, but any suggestions as to which is the best DJI Go 4 version for my combo?

use a cable , with version 4.1.18

I agree some upgrades sucks and some can be better and people still use OTG. From the experience i had - a flyaway, i could only have another Spark from guarantee because i had de latest DJI Go version and was not using OTG. Think about it. Just an advice not considering my personel prefferences.

I agree some upgrades sucks and some can be better and people still use OTG. From the experience i had - a flyaway, i could only have another Spark from guarantee because i had de latest DJI Go version and was not using OTG. Think about it. Just an advice not considering my personel prefferences.
You do make a valid point (and I am happy you are bringing that point up) about the warranty aspect of using only the most current version but there are quite a bit of people experiencing serious disconnect and crashing of the most recent app!
Is it worth experimenting and seeing if it will work and HOPING DJI will warranty the craft?
Do you not fly and wait until another newer version is released?
Again, if people are having good results, they are best trying to stick to the latest app and no OTG as suggested by DJI...
I am not trying to discount or argue your observation/opinion but some may have a legitimate reason to stay off a current version of the app.

Reactions: Rodrigo
You do make a valid point (and I am happy you are bringing that point up) about the warranty aspect of using only the most current version but there are quite a bit of people experiencing serious disconnect and crashing of the most recent app!
Is it worth experimenting and seeing if it will work and HOPING DJI will warranty the craft?
Do you not fly and wait until another newer version is released?
Again, if people are having good results, they are best trying to stick to the latest app and no OTG as suggested by DJI...
I am not trying to discount or argue your observation/opinion but some may have a legitimate reason to stay off a current version of the app.
totally agree!!!

Reactions: jmbsmt63
What is the last and/or best app version for using OTG?

I see various replies here, like 4.1.15, 4.2.12 and 4.2.16.

So which one works best with OTG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis