Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where are the videos?

koffe

Join
Oct 14, 2017
Loc
Sweden
Have so far been flying with my Android phone. As I would like to fly programmed flight with waypoints, I have bought a used iPhone and Autopilot. But I cannot find the cashed videos on the iPhone.

Have also tried with the latest GO4 app, set it to cache both video and audio. On the Android I find these files in the DJI folder, but I cannot find them in the iPhone system. Please help someone that can think the Apple way.

Do you have the cache turned on? And from what I can recall on my ipad it shows up in my gallery

Do you have the cache turned on? And from what I can recall on my ipad it shows up in my gallery
Yes the cache is on and when running Android I can go back to view, copy or delete the files. But as a newcomer to iPhone I cannot do that at all. It seems to me that the Apple world is complete locking me out. And I do not want the app to save all not wanted video because I am not able to delete what is not wanted or needed.

Yes the cache is on and when running Android I can go back to view, copy or delete the files. But as a newcomer to iPhone I cannot do that at all. It seems to me that the Apple world is complete locking me out. And I do not want the app to save all not wanted video because I am not able to delete what is not wanted or needed.
Mine show up under the photo tab in a dji folder. Make sure you check the cache option on your inflight screen iOS devices have the option to disable it

Mine show up under the photo tab in a dji folder. Make sure you check the cache option on your inflight screen iOS devices have the option to disable it
Thank you for that tip. I see the same here. But still, I cannot copy it if I want it somewhere else.

And the cache photos/videos from Autopilot are not visible anywhere at all. Buried in the dark of the iPhone. With iTunes I can only see that there is a folder for each of these apps, that contain a number of Megabytes. But not the files themselves in those folders.

Must say that the Apple philosophy is not high on my list. Wonder if folks that normally use iPhones can do it better than I can(not) ?

Reactions: Sparkay
I don't use the DJI Go app for cache files.
I use the Apple screen recorder that is on my mini4.

It saves all of the screen telementry, etc. to the camera roll.

If you turn the microphone off of the screen recorder, it does record the beeps and prompts from the DJI app, but does not record your actual audio conversation like the DJI app does.

If the microphone is switched ON, then as soon as the prompt from DJI stating "Home Point" or "Take Off", it mutes the whole flight until you close the Go 4 app.

I guess Apple detects this as a "phone conversation" and mutes the onboard microphone to protect identity??

At least that was my experience with it in the past.

Reactions: koffe
@Spark 317
That was a good idea. Thnx very much. Me as a newbee to iPhone would not have found this way by myself. Now I also can dowload it via iCloud.

One more question though; the recoding is done in portrait mode but the GO4 is used in landscape mode. That means I have to twist my neck to view the video properly. I do not find a way to turn it right. Possible?

There's probably a setting in the device somewhere but I'm not sure.

My mini4 is my first Apple product as well, other than a few iPods.

It's a learning curve to switch from Android to Apple but I'm happy with the bigger screen.

It was easier than I thought. When starting in landscape mode and then Apple Screen recorder it comes out right in landscape mode.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh