Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What otg to get

matty4

Join
Aug 29, 2018
Hey there, just a quick question. I have a galaxy s7. Going to purchase an otg but there are 2 types for android. Do i get the micro usb or the type c? Cheers

I dont think the S7 is a type c. i think it is just a micro usb if i m not mistaken. Just google the usb connection for your phone. And since you cant do that yourself here is the link: LMGTFY

You don't need one. Read the posts on this subject.
Hey there. Well i got one now and the difference in range and uninterrupted video feed is outstanding, i use to get bad video feed at about 600m. Flying now in the same spot i went to 1.5 km and not even a small glitch. I'll never fly without on otg again.

Hey there. Well i got one now and the difference in range and uninterrupted video feed is outstanding, i use to get bad video feed at about 600m. Flying now in the same spot i went to 1.5 km and not even a small glitch. I'll never fly without on otg again.
Otg cable connects smartphone to controller.
How can it affect range? (Connection between controller and spark).

The range i am taking about is the video signal. Now the otg is connected there had been no video signal drop as the wifi now can concentrate 100% on communication between the spark and controller by not adding another wifi between controller and phone. The difference for me has been outstanding.

The range i am taking about is the video signal. Now the otg is connected there had been no video signal drop as the wifi now can concentrate 100% on communication between the spark and controller by not adding another wifi between controller and phone. The difference for me has been outstanding.
There are different transmitters, for these connections.
And the most important is, they are in different frequencies/bands, so they don't interfere.
Controller is always concentrated 100% on each of these two separate connections.

The factors that can affect range, are the signal strength (transmission mode), and interference in the area.

And the most important is, they are in different frequencies/bands, so they don't interfere.
Controller is always concentrated 100% on each of these two separate connections.

The factors that can affect range, are the signal strength (transmission mode), and interference in the area.
well i can only go by what has happened. I have never had a good video transmission range until now so it must be doing something.

Ummm.... Maybe the video feed to the phone? The spark will still be controllable with the remote but you'll lose video feed which triggers RTH. I thought all spark owners knew this. An otg cable is definitely recommended.

Reactions: matty4

Stop arguing. An otg makes a huge difference. Please don't comment until you've tried it yourself

Ummm.... Maybe the video feed to the phone? The spark will still be controllable with the remote but you'll lose video feed which triggers RTH. I thought all spark owners knew this. An otg cable is definitely recommended.
Lost video feed doesn't trigger RTH. Lost connection between drone and controller triggers it (your drone will return, if it's not controllable for a few seconds).

You can fly your spark without even a device connected to your controller (no video feed at all).

Every spark user knows that.

Last edited:
Stop arguing. An otg makes a huge difference. Please don't comment until you've tried it yourself
Lol!
I use an otg cable.

We all must know the basics of our drone technology.

Otg cable connects our smartphone with controller. Spark continues to fly using ANOTHER WiFi connection.
So, otg cable cannot affect range.

If we understand that, we can fly safer.

Yes. Within a certain range. RTH is triggered when you lose video if you're past a certain distance
Rth is not related to lost video, but to lost connection between drone and controller. Of course, if you lose THIS connection, video feed is lost too. But if you lose video because of another reason (crashed app, bad cable, disconnection between controller and phone, etc) rth will NOT be initiated.

And of course rth is not related to distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast