Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Water crash... Is it dead?

Woodbury.Reed

Join
Dec 27, 2017
Finally got the courage to fly over a lake. Went well until the battery life dropped quick and died. I was able to jump in the cold water and save the drone. Let it dry, and it powers up fine. I'm getting a compass calibration issue and it just keeps telling me to restart the aircraft. Is she done for?

No offense but, how are we supposed to know? Hopefully you fully dismantled it and dried it with a blow dryer. I would let the parts dry for at least a few days before turning it on. Electronics typically work shortly after being drowned, the issue comes in over time with rusting and corrosion.

Flying over a lake is not a question of courage but basic calculation. Honestly I dont' really understand why you had the fu**** idea to run it over the lake until the battery dies... Even more when trying it for the first time...

Sparks can go far over water:

Last edited:
Finally got the courage to fly over a lake. Went well until the battery life dropped quick and died. I was able to jump in the cold water and save the drone. Let it dry, and it powers up fine. I'm getting a compass calibration issue and it just keeps telling me to restart the aircraft. Is she done for?

The VERY FIRST THING to do in that situation, is to take off the battery and leave it off until the electronics are totally dried out.

You could take it apart and wash the PCBs with isopropyl alcohol mix, then wash it with de-ionised or distilled water and leave it to dry somewhere warm with a lot of dry rice or silica gel bags.

Or, you could send it for repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena