Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Vibrations in video - again on new replacement unit

can the heading be edited in this post?
You can edit the title of this thread from the "Thread Tools" menu at the top, right of your first post above.

Update. So now DJI wants me to ship the new replacement unit to DJI within 7 days from first testing the unit to be counted as a DOA case, i thought it was 14 days from the first contact with DJI (it was 14 days from first contact with the first Spark that i sent them).
So how can i send it to them within 7 days when they haven't even sent me a shipping label yet and its already 5 days now, also its christmas times now, i don't have time to send faulty units back and forth to DJI all the time. And i am absolutely not accepting anything else than a DOA case, this is not my fault, its their products which are faulty.

I just wish i got a fully functioning unit which i have paid for. Is that too much to ask for? I really wanted to give DJI a chance, but its hard when 5 out of 5 DJI crafts this last year have been faulty, thats 100 percent of the DJI crafts faulty.
Sigh.

Hi DroneFlyer,

This is really strange. I‘ve experienced the same behavior of spark, vibrations in recorded videos every now and then. Sent it back to DJI and they replaced it really fast.
First flights with new AC: vibrations in video .
This is not normal. Sure, they produce a lot of units, but there must be a final check before selling them!
I‘ve opened a new case, waiting for the next surprise.

Hi DroneFlyer,

This is really strange. I‘ve experienced the same behavior of spark, vibrations in recorded videos every now and then. Sent it back to DJI and they replaced it really fast.
First flights with new AC: vibrations in video .
This is not normal. Sure, they produce a lot of units, but there must be a final check before selling them!
I‘ve opened a new case, waiting for the next surprise.

Your post strengthens my belief that this problem is found on a very great number of Spark units, if not on most. Maybe most people don't care about it though? For me its absolutely not acceptable.

I just sent my second Spark back to DJI as a DOA case for a third unit, but I'm pretty sure it will have the exact same problem as a minimum, just as the 2 earlier ones had.
I wanted to get my money back since i believe strongly i will keep getting Spark´s with the same problem (already happened on the 2 Sparks i had), but they said they can't refund me since it is not purchased from them directly (DJI).

This problem on the Spark units seems to be just like the "tilting horizon at sideways flight" problem that most Mavic Pro units has, if not all (and most DJI drones, if not as much as the Mavic Pro).

I´m so disappointed with the DJI drones right now, they want expensive money for their products yet they can't even make problem free drones or to have any quality control, or whatever the issue is causing this?
I have already gone through this with the Mavic Pro, exchanging 3 Mavic units before i decided i had enough and got my money back. And now same thing with the Spark units. So I'm pretty frustrated to say at least.
And if the problem is like the tilting thing on the Mavic Pro then this problem on the Spark can most likely not be fixed with a firmware update or any other way by the user/owner.

Thats why i would have been interested to hear from other Spark users if they have experienced this problem on their Spark units, just to try to get an idea how common this problem is on the Spark?

The experiences you’ve made (especially with the mavics) makes me pessimistic.
Nevertheless I’ve flown my first Spark for half a year (120 km) without any issues. No error in video recordings before, very good quality.
Hopefully you’re wrong with your assumption and defective devices aren’t frequent. Will keep you updated.

Thank you for asking,

but it isn‘t a converting problem. Videos are straight from sd card. Problem occurred from one day to another, no changing of software.

The experiences you’ve made (especially with the mavics) makes me pessimistic.
Nevertheless I’ve flown my first Spark for half a year (120 km) without any issues. No error in video recordings before, very good quality.
Hopefully you’re wrong with your assumption and defective devices aren’t frequent. Will keep you updated.

I think this is either the gimbal or the EIS which has problems.

The thing with DJI drones is that when they work as they should they are very nice drones, but they seem to have have an abnormally big number of defective drones, especially the Mavic Pro and now the Spark it seems, so if you are lucky to get a good unit then you should be very happy, and that is also one of the reasons why i don't update the firmware if I'm happy with how a DJI drone performs.
All too often does the firmware upgrade itself introduce all kinds of problems to the craft.
Heck, people were even terrified of doing the firmware updates to DJI crafts since there was a not too small chance of bricking the craft from the firmware update process, and it needed to be shipped back to DJI to get fixed, at least that was how it was until they started with the firmware updates through the app, don't know if the chance of firmware bricking is less since the firmware upgrades started within the app?
Thats my feeling anyway about the abnormally high number of defective units, i could be wrong, but in that case i have had a very very bad luck getting 2 out of 2 faulty Sparks (maybe 3 soon?) and 3 out of 3 faulty Mavic´s only in the last year alone.

So thats why i think they have a very bad quality control or a non existing one, or they are in hurry getting as many units out on the market as fast as possible? Or maybe its how they do manufacturing in China?

Anyway, i myself just received an email from DJI saying that my second exchange unit is about to be shipped to me, we will see what happens, but I'm understandably skeptic.
I of course hope for the best.

Your words about firmware updates makes me brooding. The issue of my first Spark came from one day to another. Was working perfectly before.
I‘ve done several updates in the meantime. The second Spark
Is now on .900
Will try a downgrade to .600 and see what will happen.

No success. Did the downgrade to .600 but vibrations remain.
I can reproduce the vibrations, every time Spark begin to move or stop its flight they are visible for half a second.
Sure you can edit the video afterwards, but that can‘t be the solution.

First I decided to send Spark back for exchange. In the meantime I’ve tried some more possible solutions for this issue. Today I’ve changed the props crosswise. This reduced the vibrations dramatically. Now it has only a really small amount of vibs I can live with. Seems that Spark is quite sensitive to disbalanced props.
So hopefully it keeps this status for a long time and I don’t have to sent it back in the end.

First I decided to send Spark back for exchange. In the meantime I’ve tried some more possible solutions for this issue. Today I’ve changed the props crosswise. This reduced the vibrations dramatically. Now it has only a really small amount of vibs I can live with. Seems that Spark is quite sensitive to disbalanced props.
So hopefully it keeps this status for a long time and I don’t have to sent it back in the end.

That would be very nice if a prop swap got rid of the vibrations. But in my case i feel i don't want any vibrations at all.
It can not be meant that the Spark should have these vibrations.

So how is your Spark now, has the vibrations increased or stayed the same since you swapped the props?

Today I’ve changed the props crosswise. This reduced the vibrations dramatically. Now it has only a really small amount of vibs I can live with.

So how is your Spark now, has the vibrations increased or stayed the same since you swapped the props?

Am I missing something?

Often I catch Spark with my hand instead of normal landing but after changing the props crosswise I didn’t feel any difference about vibrations.
Nevertheless there are fewer vibrations after changing the props in my videos.
Changing props was a “shot in the dark” but the result is satisfying.

I see no mention in any post that anyone has balanced their props. When I received my Spark, all 4 props needed a small adjustment and it's a very simple process. This should be standard procedure for any AC that's being used for AP and is quite possibly the cause of these vibrations.

I see no mention in any post that anyone has balanced their props. When I received my Spark, all 4 props needed a small adjustment and it's a very simple process. This should be standard procedure for any AC that's being used for AP and is quite possibly the cause of these vibrations.

I’m not having the issue, but if you could post the balancing process here that would be great and could possibly help a lot of folks in the future.

Quite simple actually. Some people use fancy balancing devices, I just have a finishing nail hammered into the side of my workbench, with a couple inches sticking out horizontally. Place the prop on the nail horizontally level and see which side drops. If the left side drops, you need to weight the right side until it stays level. I use black electrical tape, stick a 1/4 " square at the center of the underside of the prop and trim little slivers off with an exacto knife until it's correctly balanced. Others do the opposite by sanding down their props to remove weight, seems like too much effort for me. Interestingly enough, even motor balancing comes into play on larger AC. You'd be surprised how just those stickers on the side to identify the motors can throw them out of whack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502