Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

((USE YOUR FIST FOR GESTURE MODE))

Andy Starnes

Join
Jan 27, 2018
While in gesture mode or palm launch DO NOT USE YOUR HAND, USE YOUT FIST, As crazy as it sounds just trust me, all you spark pilots out there I know your gesture mode probably doesn't work they way you expected it to but if you just follow what I said I promise you will be very happy you did, it works every single time not one issue! Hope you guys like and enjoy your spark the way it's meant to be!!

Serious as a heart attack, try and let me know how happy you are now lol!! All jokes aside, it's because the sensor has to have a focal point well when you use your hand your hand is bigger then your fist when it's open, so therefore the sensor isn't able to focus on the focal point, making a fist gives the sensor an absolute/true focal point!

I've seen it on youtube, it works. I can't find this video any more. I believe it works better because you can face flat side of your fist vertically towards the spark more comfortably. Palm is always under a certain angle, if you do your best to keep it straight up as much as you can it works as good as fist - at least it seems that way to me. On the other hand, I have "problems" waving with my fist. It doesnt fly back and up always. Fists are meant to be used for other purposes I guess.;):D:p:cool:

Serious as a heart attack, try and let me know how happy you are now lol!! All jokes aside, it's because the sensor has to have a focal point well when you use your hand your hand is bigger then your fist when it's open, so therefore the sensor isn't able to focus on the focal point, making a fist gives the sensor an absolute/true focal point!

Oh wow Andy! I will have to try that for sure. I thought that You were being sarcastic as getting Spark to respond to your palm can be a tad irritating. Thanks.[emoji6]

I've seen it on youtube, it works. I can't find this video any more. I believe it works better because you can face flat side of your fist vertically towards the spark more comfortably. Palm is always under a certain angle, if you do your best to keep it straight up as much as you can it works as good as fist - at least it seems that way to me. On the other hand, I have "problems" waving with my fist. It doesnt fly back and up always. Fists are meant to be used for other purposes I guess.;):D:p:cool:
Yeah but using your fist it works like a Freakin charm, I mean every single time, and it won't twitch on you either, when you use your palm when going left it right it will twitch like crazy, not with your fist it works flawlessly no twitching or nothing
Oh wow Andy! I will have to try that for sure. I thought that You were being sarcastic as getting Spark to respond to your palm can be a tad irritating. Thanks.[emoji6]

Yeah but using your fist it works like a Freakin charm, I mean every single time, and it won't twitch on you either, when you use your palm when going left it right it will twitch like crazy, not with your fist it works flawlessly no twitching or nothing

Do you use the "front facing fist" - knuckles toward Spark - or "back of the hand" to control Spark?

Knuckles make a fist hold it straight out or you can make your hand like you gonna chop someone it works that way too!

If I plug my OTG cable into my thumb will the "fist approach" work more reliably? Kidding man. I'll check it out....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar