Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Use of GoPro adhesive mount on my Spark

finnpinker_01

Join
Nov 20, 2018
Ok, i understand the spark has an epic camera. Buuttttttt...what would happen if i put my gopro (with an adhesive mount) on the top? It would obviously add weight and decrease flight time, but would it still fly okay or would performance be affected? I understand this is a bit of a crazy idea, but just wanted your thoughts :)

Ok so I have never ever added anything to my Spark for the following reasons:

A. I have no idea what any weight variation would do to the flight of this finely balanced, technologically advanced system
B. It's too expensive to try without a technical understanding of the intricate balance between the Spark and added weight.
C. I am a Chicken S*&^ when it comes to my Spark

So those are my thoughts

There are YouTube videos on this subject. Search YouTube for "dji spark with gopro" to watch them.

I done a lot of experiment with spark and extra weight, basically it will fly up to 130-150g, but battery life is much shorter and it flies like a brick, not worth it and there is so little weight to strip off the drone its not worth looking for weight loss either.

Best bet is to.

A) Use carbon props so it handles weight better.
B) lighten added payload as much as you can (so look what you can strip off go pro)
C) Buy a stronger drone like Mavic, old ones are cheap now, mavic air while stronger is heavier, so not convinced it will be any different.
D) See if a mavic air motor transplant is possible.

Its not worth it, just buy the mavic air, you'll get better video than anything you'll get out of a go pro and with all the live app stuff and perfect stability.

The spark can handle about 50-60g of added weight, anymore and you're asking for trouble.

Forgive me but I think strapping a GoPro on top might interfere with the GPS. I believe the sensor/receiver/transponder is located under the superstructure on the top of the craft. Could be wrong and sure other more knowledgeable Members might have a better view. Bon chance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast