Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Urgent!! Need help

I've only just set up my new Spark (got the Fly More combo for birthday) and after getting it working using my phone only, then phone + controller, then reading that OTG doesn't work on Android, I was getting ready to return it. Just tried, and it didn't work. I switched the cable around (OTG in controller instead of phone) and it works. I'll need to take it for a proper flight to be sure of all features (can't fly outside at home due to proximity of airport) but could connect and take off inside.

I'm using a Motorola Moto X Play on 7.1.1.

If you are in the US, you can fly within 5 miles of an airport, but you have to contact the airport Manager and the Air traffic Control to notify them, you should also register your drone with the FAA ( required because the Spark is over .55 lbs, actually .66 lbs....and President Trump signed the requirement into law December 11, 2017)...try using Airmap App, and check out B4UFly App. from the FAA..good stuff to know before you fly...fly safe...

If you are in the US, you can fly within 5 miles of an airport, but you have to contact the airport Manager and the Air traffic Control to notify them, you should also register your drone with the FAA ( required because the Spark is over .55 lbs, actually .66 lbs....and President Trump signed the requirement into law December 11, 2017)...try using Airmap App, and check out B4UFly App. from the FAA..good stuff to know before you fly...fly safe...
I'm in Australia, I'm across our federal laws and have done all I need to ensure I'm flying lawfully.

I'm more concerned about the crappy Go app for Android, the fact that WiFi connectivity is spotty at best (even at close range), and the increasing number of reported fly-aways.

I'm seriously considering selling mine off. The app has been that unstable that I'm really concerned I'll lose controller of my drone and end up liable for some damage or injury. Problem is with the app losing good reputation I'm also worried I'll get no reasonable offers for it.

Maybe I should light it on fire and fly it out across the ocean, Viking burial style.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef