Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Upgraded to mavic air aka spark 2

While I consider each DJI drone unique for a given market or segment. And I won’t deny the image quality is better than the Spark. Buit if I was looking for a true “upgrade’, I’d pass up the Mavic Air and go for the Mavic Pro UNLESS image quality is your number 1 priority in a portable drone (meaning compared to the Phantom 4 Pro).

There are things I don’t like about the Mavic Air;
  • Image lag is bad. Actually worse than the Spark. Flying in my WiFi dense suburban neighborhood, my Spark is better, less lag. The Mavic Pro works much better with zero lag
  • Constant CC needed. My Mavic Air seems to need or “ask” that a CC be done way more than my Spark or my Mavic Pro. Seems like every other time I take it out its asking for CC
  • Range, even flying LOS, is only as good as the Spark in WiFi dense areas and nowhere as good as the Mavic Pro
  • Obviously flight time when compared to the MP is much less
  • Doesn’t handle the wind as well as the Mavic Pro but better than the Spark
I just don’t think for the price difference between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air, the MA is really worth it. And if someone is open to buying a used Mavic Pro, there are plenty go be had at about the same price as a new MA fly more combo...

I don’t regret buying the MA as I’m a gadget guy, but think if Is as looking to upgrade from the Spark, I’d skip the MA... Just my .02...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio