Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Updating the Spark for the first time

Kintaro86

Join
Mar 5, 2018
Hi. This might be stupid but I've been searching the net before coming here to ask you fellow spark enthusiasts.

I got my spark today today and got super excited to fly it. I managed to update it with a half charged battery. Is this bad at all or did it affected my spark in some way? Is it recommended to fully charge the battery before updating? I know you need to fully charge the battery before every flight.

If you attempt an upgrade and their isn't enough battery charge or is under 50% it won't let you start or complete the upgrade and will tell you to charge your battery.

BTW, I would highly recommend using DJI Assistant for upgrades. I've done upgrades over the DJI Go app for my Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, and Spark. But found that in the case of the Mavic Air, it did not catch all the upgrades. The DJI assistant seems to be the best and most consistent method to upgrade...

Hi. This might be stupid but I've been searching the net before coming here to ask you fellow spark enthusiasts.

I got my spark today today and got super excited to fly it. I managed to update it with a half charged battery. Is this bad at all or did it affected my spark in some way? Is it recommended to fully charge the battery before updating? I know you need to fully charge the battery before every flight.

Reactions: Kintaro86
Is this bad at all or did it affected my spark in some way?
The battery level won't affect the update. DJI requires the battery to be at least 50% charged so the battery does not become completely depleted while the update is installing.

So no problems with updating it with a low charged battery?
You won't be able to install the update if the battery is less than 50% charged, so the process is pretty much foolproof. I've never seen an update take anywhere near 50% battery to complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef