Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Updates

Old Man Grizz

Join
Mar 10, 2018
Good Evening Folks,
I’m 64 years old and really enjoy flying my Spark. Unfortunately, I am really quite ignorant,(BUT LEARNING!) about electronics etc.
My question is:
Will all new updates which are available show up on my DJIGO4 app. When I start my drone and connect? Or do I have to go search for them?
How can I tell what version I am using?
Also I read that I need to update it with each of my batteries. Is this true?
Thanks in advance for any input which you may have.
By the way, as of right now I have over 40 flights, all successful, and I totally enjoy my new found hobby!
Thanks again,
Old Man Grizz

Reactions: Vilco
Will all new updates which are available show up on my DJIGO4 app. When I start my drone and connect?
If your mobile device is connected to the Internet, it'll be able to check for a new version and will display a message in DJI GO if a firmware update is available.

DJI GO will not display a notification when a DJI GO app update is available. You can check for updates in the app store on your mobile device.

How can I tell what version I am using?
While your Spark is connected to DJI GO, look in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Also I read that I need to update it with each of my batteries. Is this true?
DJI does not release battery firmware updates often. When updating the Spark firmware, the currently installed battery will be updated if needed. If you have additional batteries, you'll see an inconsistent firmware message displayed on the home screen in DJI GO as you use each battery if a firmware update is available. The battery firmware is installed on the battery itself, so that explains why the updates must be installed separately.

Thank You Folks so much!
I am learning so much with the help of this forum and you great people.
I’m hoping to add a Mavic Air to my fleet in the next few months.
Thanks again!
Old Man Grizz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar