Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update: No connection

NC_Spark_3D

Join
Apr 20, 2018
Hi folks,

Long story short, I flew my Spark today and the app kept saying No Connection. The screen was all garbage. I charged up the controller for a few hours and then used a fresh battery in the Spark and the same thing happened. It was complaining about No Connection even when the Spark was on the ground. I never had this happen before. Any ideas? Thanks!

Video capture from the app:

Video from the SD card:

There could be an interference in the area such as WIfi Hubs or anything that blocks or interfere with the signal with the spark. Know your surroundings.

You might check the connection if using an OTG cable at both ends or swap in another OTG cable if you have a spare. Sometimes phone micro USB connector sockets get pocket lint build up inside preventing the plug from inserting all the way. Bad cable could also be a possibility...Just a suggestion since I had this problem and my cable was not fully inserted into the phone. Obviously check both phone and controller connections. And as Kylie suggested could be RFI of some sort. Try moving away from any vehicle or metal objects and/or electronics, etc.

I would be very curious to know what this problem ended up being.

I was flying in my back yard and I've never had this issue before. Nothing has changed electronically. I don't use the OTG cable. I've never gotten it to work. I've bought several OTG cables, including DJI's cable for the VR goggles. Nothing works. I have a Motorola Moto E4 Plus.

It's raining today, so I can't take the Spark out. Next nice day I'll go to a different location and give it a try.

I took the drone out today and the app prompted me to update, so I did. After that everything worked perfectly. Great signal and good video on the screen throughout the 8 minute flight.

Not sure what this worth but bells went off in my head when I saw the image ....

I have a Tello (love it...fun to fly...I'm not gonna cry when ...if I loose it)
There is no card or memory in the Tello to retrieve....

I can tell Im on edge of range when I get that screen/look on either the tablet or phone Im flying with.

Ive lost connection with Spark more times than I want to admit via Wifi but all has worked out and Im learning from mistakes.

Other users here are suggesting OTG ...cleaning...connection issues and more.

I have only once flown with otg and only reason I havent again is the cable is HIDING from me....seriously...I have misplaced it and as soon as I buy another I'll find the missing one :)

And I hope to "build one" this weekend.

There are videos all over youtube if you are comfortable using a multi meter and soldering....

Im comfortable cutting up a couple new cables with ends and putting it back together in correct pin configuration ....

The RF Issue is a serious unknown here. What I dont worry about on the 100.00 toy I do worry about on the 350.00 toy :)

I encourage you to continue working with the OTG...my one real flight was very good ...noticeably better "bars" signal strength...I attributed that to less RF overall...1 RF connection and one hardwired should be better than two rf connections competing with each other

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502