Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

UK Govt drone consultation doc

Crispjon

Join
Jan 14, 2018
Loc
UK
Hi, I've reading here for a while and found loads of good info. In a few days UK is bringing in new laws in drones and a consultation doc has been released.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...ing-flight-the-future-of-drones-in-the-uk.pdf

At 97 pages it is a long read but I think here in the UK users need to put in their views or we will be stuck with draconian rules.
Since it is a windy wet weekend here I'm going to have a look at the questions.
Interesting to see what reactions you guys have to these proposals.

Must admit -its quite a read ! Can not make my mind up just what they are up to , trying to get rid of private quads, make money from us ? Thing is for a lot of us its near impossible to comply with the ( proposed) requirements.So what will happen ? i think a lot of people will say sod them & carry on as before. Those that dont respect rules will carry on doing the things that ( supposedly) brought this legislation about. Me ? i do wonder if they are trying to ground us so that the way is clear for commercial quads........
File a flight plan,-- me-- Flying at 6 ft height for 40 ft at 3 M.P.H.---- in the back garden !

Hi,
Read this morning about the unintentional " leak" of details of the new DJI mavic ect says they can fly for 31 minutes & have a range of 8 Km--- the U.K. law says the drone must be visable with the pilots naked eye WITHOUT any aids...... Some eye sight to see 8Km !

I'm hoping the BMFA will give us some indications as how to best to approach the consultation.

While the B.M.F.A. are involved in the talks they seem to be doing Teresa May ( our P.M. )....

As time passes by drones are getting more restricted. Soon we might not be able to fly more than 10 ft o_O:cool:o_O

It seems that its a world wide thing -- wonder what the governments of these countries are worried about....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none